Elevator Forum

Local 18 - Las Vega...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 18 - Las Vegas

195 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
316.9 K Views
(@Handson7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Im in the top 10 for Las Vegas and no call yet...
They have 3 big projects gearing up so I am guessing soon.
Be patient.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by FireAlarmPuller
I thought I was going to get at least a report the next day. This might be tricky for me then as I'm 4.5 hrs away. I don't want to come out too early but I'm down to do whatever it takes. Anyone got a room for rent?

I understand man I'm from the Bay area so I I'm in the same situation.



   
ReplyQuote
(@FireAlarmPuller)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea I don't see how they could expect people to report same day, I'm thinking that's not true. Stay in touch Handson7 and let us know when you get called and how much time to report they gave you please.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Handson7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Will do!! Hang in there guys!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Beans94
Just got called up to work in Phoenix! Took two years but it was worth the wait!

Are they still on the list? I have an interview on the 30th but I'm thinking twice about it..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Handson7
Im in the top 10 for Las Vegas and no call yet...
They have 3 big projects gearing up so I am guessing soon.
Be patient.

What are those 3 projects? I thought the list would be moving by now



   
ReplyQuote
(@FireAlarmPuller)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd like to know more info too. Anyone know what number they are on?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by FireAlarmPuller
I'd like to know more info too. Anyone know what number they are on?

Last week I called and there on #3 still



   
ReplyQuote
(@Handson7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The 3 projects are the Raiders Stadium, Resorts World and The Drew (formerly Fountainebleau ) As far as I know, noone has been called yet, but I could be wrong



   
ReplyQuote
(@FireAlarmPuller)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you for the list Handson7



   
ReplyQuote
 Dro
(@Dro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
For anyone hoping to get in this year, I heard its gonna be difficult. The fiscal year for the companies end mid December, so obviously they limit spending as the fiscal end nears. But once the new fiscal year starts, they will hire the next 100 guys off the list. They may call 2 or 3 before the year ends, but 100 in January. Sit tight... like I said earlier, they've called only 2 and #1 did turn it down.

Last edited by Dro; 10/29/18 10:40 PM. Reason: Additional


   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Dro
For anyone hoping to get in this year, I heard its gonna be difficult. The fiscal year for the companies end mid December, so obviously they limit spending as the fiscal end nears. But once the new fiscal year starts, they will hire the next 100 guys off the list. They may call 2 or 3 before the year ends, but 100 in January. Sit tight... like I said earlier, they've called only 2 and #1 did turn it down.

Nice, #1 turned it down and beans9 got called to work in Phoenix, so I'm sitting at 107 I might scrape by lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Csalazar311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m working on resort world right now haven’t seen any elevator guys or any vehicles at all around the job probably will be a little while. I know glaziers are supposed to start in late January so maybe they’ll start the elevators around then too!



   
ReplyQuote
(@FireAlarmPuller)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Csalazae311 hurry up over there so we can get to work. Just messing thanks for report.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Csalazar311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Haha were gunna be hanging iron for a while. Heads up This job is crazy the safety team is running people off the job every day for minor violations and they don’t give any warnings at all they even have fancy little tethers for our tape measures 😂



   
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 13
Share:
Scroll to Top