Elevator Forum

Aptitude test !!! i...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Aptitude test !!! interview .....

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
28.2 K Views
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24323]
Hello.
Thank you good support for everybody's.
I passed aptitude test. Now next step is interview.
I am too nervous in interview and everything mixed in head.
Could you answer which questions you had in interview , please ?
I am too nervous person. Scary feel interview. I am ready to show how I can work by hands. I am very professional about this. But interview for me to stressful.
I don't want company lost my experiance, if I will speak nervious interview.
Elevators job very important experience by hands and head. Speaking experience needs very less.
Thank you very much



   
Quote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you get this frazzled by a stern "No," this trade will eat you alive. This forum has tons of answers to questions and is a fantastic resource, but no where in here will you find the questions.

The interview is a peach compared to being placed with a mechanic that will yell and scream at you all day. How are you going to deal with that?

What about when your supervisor bluntly says to you, "I can hire someone else off the list, so you don't matter."

You're a probationary for a year, so anytime for a year they can fire you without cause and you're SOL.

I say frazzled because your language skills are lacking.



   
ReplyQuote
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Maybe not high language skills but very high mechanical skills , electrician and programming by computer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You don't need mechanical skills to start; in fact they can be detrimental. Computer programming? You won't need that,



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Paf ; 1) the mechanic screaming at you all day is real thing and it will happen, for some reason it makes some guys feel superior and above others to talk down to and belittle their helpers...I never understood this. Me personally have always treated my helpers with all due respect and taught/teach them properly which makes for a safe healthy environment.

2) You absolutely need mechanical skills to start in this trade, that's been a big issue lately with this whole new hiring process. Probies pass aptitude test, get hired then sent to us to deal with. Probies should have mechanical skills and understanding so we can start proper elev training but instead we have to start and teach how to read a tape measure, proper tool identification, the basics 101 etc...total waste of time...and as already mentioned above a source of a lot of unnecessary screaming and hollering.

3) electrician skills we use every day in the elev trade, big big plus!

4) computer programming, elevators for many years now have been software processor based and ALL new elevs will continue to progress this way, so computer literacy is a must in order to have future opportunity's in the elev trade.

The whole nervousness thing you do have to get over, this trade requires nerves of steel and awareness as on a daily basis we deal with high stress dangerous situations for ourselves, co workers and the public so confidence is a must!

I just so happen to know a few service men with English as their 2nd language and they are at the top of the list as far as trouble shooters...where do you think the Big Four(and Fuji) are engineering all this stuff at? It sure ain't in Oklahoma or Utah..



   
ReplyQuote
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Tamperprufe . I will try to do my best in interview.
Thank you very much.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Paf , YW and always consider the source of advise given such as from the recent Year One helper above. This trade always needs intelligent and knowledgeable individuals who are team players...stay at it and you'll be fine!



   
ReplyQuote
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I am team player. I hope, should be ok !!!

Thank you very much Tamperprufe



   
ReplyQuote
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Good afternoon Everybody . After interview I have ranked number 126 . Is it good number or bad ??? Thank you for all your support in here .)))



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ry711)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What local did you interview for?



   
ReplyQuote
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Local 17 )))



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@Paf. Local 17 has 172 members as of 2015. Depending upon the amount of work they have and how many people actually take the job and how many guys retire is how your number will shake out. looking at past examples like Hawaii and California what you have is they hire roughly two guys per 100 members of the Union per month for a list you're looking at at a hundred and seventy two guys say what three a month maybe four. also they hiring groups so it'll be five guys at a time usually with the hiring so there could be a month maybe two months where no one gets hired. also you should take into consideration guys who are on the bench your apprentices that are laid off in your mechanics that are laid off. Those guys get hired first. if and when you do get the phone call don't hesitate jump on it this is a great trade and a good career. Good luck



   
ReplyQuote
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
hog451 .Thank you a lot . I will do my best )))))



   
ReplyQuote
 Paf
(@Paf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Good evening ) So I am waiting call about my ranked number 126 (Cleveland , Ohio).
But maybe 1-2 months or maybe 1-2 years or more. We never know. Somebody knows which locals number and city has always problem to find Upcoming Recruitments. So very shortage Upcoming Recruitments. I can move to any state for interview and start to learning , if pass interview.
Also can my ranking number forward to others states or I need again aptitute test and interview ?
Thank you very much. 🙂 😏 😏



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ry711)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You need to interview again but not take the test over again you can't just transfer your rank to another local



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top