Elevator Forum

Local 18 - Las Vega...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 18 - Las Vegas

195 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
316.9 K Views
(@FireAlarmPuller)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Im not sure if you are talking about Vegas or Los Angeles. For either I'm not really qualified to answer. When I was in Los Angeles as a different trade a few months ago I was always busy. In Vegas doing elevator I have been staying busy as well. The only down time I've had has been because my mechanic had time off. I think I'm paired up with a mechanic with a good reputation that is well liked in the company so I think they keep him busy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Same number as of today..



   
ReplyQuote
(@kilemcdorman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Las Vegas-

Good morning and good day to all. I'm new here and looking for some solid info on the "list". After testing and interview, I landed at #31 on September 11, 2018. Been a little difficult to get information on where the list is at currently. I'm inquiring about a few figures. First, what number is the apprenticeship list on. Second, how many Travelers are currently in Las Vegas and lastly, does anyone know how many are sitting on the bench right now?

From what I understand, these three figures pertain to when I'll start working. I'm so excited I just can't stand it!

I appreciate any and all input and assistance. Best of luck to all! Thank you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m not sure if this is a good sign for us but a buddy of mine just got called to run a job in Vegas (raiders stadium) for the iron workers union so maybe things are progressing on that project and we might get to check a few off the list for us soon 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited by Travisnbb4evr; 07/11/19 02:17 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Travisnbb4evr
I’m not sure if this is a good sign for us but a buddy of mine just got called to run a job in Vegas (raiders stadium) for the iron workers union so maybe things are progressing on that project and we might get to check a few off the list for us soon 🤷🏼‍♂️

Man sounds like awesome news, hope so!



   
ReplyQuote
(@FireAlarmPuller)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My understanding is that Kone allready has their guys for the stadium.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kilemcdorman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the info brother. Any news is good news. Hopefully, this gets the apprenticeship list moving.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kilemcdorman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks Travis



   
ReplyQuote
(@kilemcdorman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I saw on previous post that some were having tribulations locating good lodging. I was born and raised in Las Vegas so I'm quite versed in the subject. If anyone needs any help, I know Realtors and of course, the very good areas to live in. All of them. Getting Apartments is not really what I would do. I would locate a realtor and have them find you a condo. That way you're dealing with a direct owner rather than some management company. If anyone needs any help, hit me up.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kilemcdorman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
By the way, I'll keep everyone posted on any information that I hear. I'm # 31 and I know they've got to be getting close to that at this point. I'm about to jump out of my skin with the anticipation of my apprenticeship! The waiting and wondering is not an easy endeavor. Lol!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any body apply for LA today? It was suppose to open at 9am but I couldn’t get it to load until about 9:10 I think there was just way too much traffic to get it to load up but I finally got in the site and signed up, I checked back a few hours later and they must of got their 1000 applications it was capped at



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Shoot I was but changed my mind, I'm in the #30's now for Seattle should get my call by the end of the year 👍



   
ReplyQuote
(@Travisnbb4evr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s awesome good luck!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Travisnbb4evr
That’s awesome good luck!

Thanks man 👍



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got my cousins app in. It was clogged for ya to. I’m with local 8 maybe moving to LA any week now to work! Good luck if you applied for LA



   
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 13
Share:
Scroll to Top