Elevator Forum

Local #1 New York C...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local #1 New York City

78 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
142.1 K Views
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I ranked 197.. I guess I should be happy with that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Albomuch)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ranked 120, not as bad as I thought.



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s a nice number Albomuch. Drgut you should be good also. What exactly is the point of ranking up to 1000 if they aren’t going to hire hat many people in 2 years? I also heard that these lists are sometimes good for 4 years from people in industry. Don’t know how true that is.



   
ReplyQuote
 BigJ
(@BigJ)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There got to be a reason there is so many more people this time around



   
ReplyQuote
(@rveloce7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m 1003 and I was surprised too. I didn’t expect a great number because I don’t have much experience but the interview went really well. I’m starting a pre-apprentice gig with local 740 in a few weeks so it didn’t sting as bad as it would’ve.



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by BigJ
There got to be a reason there is so many more people this time around

hope you right, or maybe the glitch added zeros and one's to all the rankings by mistake lol



   
ReplyQuote
 GA5
(@GA5)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hopefully the reason there is so many people is because they are planning on calling a lot of apprentices.



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did any of you guys get the confirmation email that they said they would send out this week?



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just reread the email we got last week and we should be getting an email with our contact information so we can verify it is correct. I haven't received it yet.



   
ReplyQuote
 GA5
(@GA5)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They updated the site today they are up to #17



   
ReplyQuote
 GA5
(@GA5)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is the current top hourly wage for local 1?



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check out this prevailing wage schedule. Union wages are usually pretty close if not identical to prevailing wages.

https://comptroller.nyc.gov/wp-content/uploads/documents/220-schedule2017-2018.pdf



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It’s been quiet in here.. did anyone hear any news? The list hasn’t been updated in a couple months now.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Precise)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
https://localoneiuec.com/apprenticeship.aspx

Says recruitment number is at 183, I plan on applying in 2020. Do wage rates differ in Locals? Or all the same?



   
ReplyQuote
(@JHessorz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wage rates differ between Locals. Local 1 negotiates their own contracts so things work a little differently with them but I have seen the Local 3 and Local 5 booklets with different wage rates before I came to Local 1. Also there is different wage rates for the type of work you are doing, construction obviously paying the highest followed by Mod and Maintenance being lower.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share:
Scroll to Top