Elevator Forum

Local #1 New York C...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local #1 New York City

78 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
142.2 K Views
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Awesome! Best of luck! Keep me updated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have my test date set for December 17th. Keep me updated when the list numbers come out. Good luck everyone!



   
ReplyQuote
(@NycHopeful718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi Huys,

does any one know what kid of math and algebra is on the EIAT, I purchased the practice from Job Prep and there is a lot of formulas like probability, OHM’s Law Theory.

That seems like over kill for a basic entrance exam..

Any help would be appreciated, THANKS and good luck to all!



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I see mixed reviews in my research. Some say its basic math and algebra and I've also read it includes electrical calculations. I say just study it all- better safe than sorry.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm not sure. I would say basic algebra. It says basic skills so I don't think advanced formulas would be asked. And Dr Gut your test was set for a Sunday? I didn't think they would do exams on the weekend.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea, I'm surprised it was set for a Sunday too. It works for me though. I don't have to take a day off from work or anything.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Very lucky. Is it still in the morning? My test date is set for 8 am.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No updates anyone?



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea, mine was at 10am yesterday. It was pretty easy. I feel really good about getting better than a 70. The tool assessment was a joke. That was an easy 20 points on the interview.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NycHopeful718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pretty easy, took the exam on Friday and they said we should have our results in 1-2 weeks.

I might have messed up one on the tool exam.

Besides that interviews are the week of jan 22 - jan 29 based on alphabetical ordwr



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I took mine yesterday. It was ok.

Not hard but not easy. The mechanical part was a bit confusing to me.

I'm hope I did well enough for a 70. Sounds like we'll get emails on whether we passed or fail by January



   
ReplyQuote
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I passed the exam fellas, hope you guys did as well. Email mentioned that I would get another email for the time and date for my interview no later than Jan 5.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Congrats Nvirb!! I wish you the best of luck!

Unfortunately, I failed the exam. I hope only the best for the rest of you and good luck on the interview !



   
ReplyQuote
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry to hear that MAJOR, maybe you can try applying to a different trade. But thanks for the support! I'll do my best.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check your email guys. I just got my interview date.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6
Share:
Scroll to Top