Elevator Forum

Local #1 New York C...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local #1 New York City

78 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
142.1 K Views
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21605]
Hello everyone. Local #1 in NYC is starting to take applications after about 4 years. I'm curious if anyone is interested or if anyone is thinking about applying.



   
Quote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I applied today. This will probably be my final shot at trying to get in though. Also, they took applications 2 years ago, not 4. I think the list had about 700 people on it. Did you apply?



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
For Local 1, how does it work if you live in NJ? I know there is a NJ office, so is there a separate list for NJ or is just one list that is for NYC and NJ and you just work wherever they send you?



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
How come you didn't get in? Failed the test? Or interview? 2 years really? This year they took only 1250 applications and closed really quick. This is my first time applying Nick. I have no knowledge besides the local office being in queens. I think it's one list and you just work for the company that hires you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So tomorrow they will be sending out emails for exam dates, did anyone already get test dates?



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone else having the issue where your posts are blank lie mine above?



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@nickdb1213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Uhhh nope, seems like you're the only one my friend.. how did you get this message to not be blank then?



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Nope. That's strange.. and no I haven't.. probably still pretty early. I expect the email around 4.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hmm I see, it's also my first time applying Major. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully more people join this Forum.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MAJOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have already received my appointment. Im scheduled the 18th of December. Did anyone else get theirs?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got my Exam date as well, I got it for the 15th of December



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6
Share:
Scroll to Top