Elevator Forum

Local #1 New York C...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local #1 New York City

78 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
142.2 K Views
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea, I got my interview for the 25th. You?



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Nvirb
Yea, I got my interview for the 25th. You?

Mine is the next day on the 26th. Good luck!



   
ReplyQuote
(@NycHopeful718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I passed, my interview is on the 25th as well.

Any one have any tips, or ideas on what to brush up on for the interview besides the basic S.(situation)T(task).A(action).R(result) questions

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by NycHopeful718; 01/12/18 05:47 AM. Reason: Interview not exam


   
ReplyQuote
(@NycHopeful718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Looks like the interviews were scheduled by Last name, hopefully we get the list numbers during the week of Feb 5th like the Interviewer said.

Supposedly 1000 people being interviewed for 100 (maybe 200) apprenticeship spots. That’s super competitive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Something else I noticed- the 2015 apprenticeship announcement said they expect to hire 50 apprentices and on the local 1 website, they are up to list #189 as of today. This should give an idea of how many numbers they go through on the list for every expected hire.



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I passed the test and I interview on the 24th as well. Seems like they hired 189 guys of the last list so if it goes the same this year even if you don’t rank high you still might get called.



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How do you feel about your interviews? I wasn’t really prepared for those questions but I think I did ok. Was very nervous, and felt like I cornered in by 2 detectives rather then being on a interview. Such a small room actually was glad to get out of there in 20 mins



   
ReplyQuote
(@NycHopeful718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I felt the same way Brother. Even though I correctly guessed what 4 outta the 7 questions were I still felt nervous, especially since i was in the tiny room, and they take notes right infront of you. They kicked me out in 20 mins as well. Hope I did well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm sure everyone felt that way to some extent. Hopefully we find out our list number within the next 2 weeks and that will let us know how we really did.



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone know how many people passed the test ? I highly doubt they are interviewing 1000 people



   
ReplyQuote
(@DrGut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was also told they are interviewing 1,000 people. When I took the aptitude test, they said they left the application open longer than the original 1,250 applications that they planned and they ended up accepting around 2,700. Based on that I don't tihnk 1,000 people passing sounds unreasonable.



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There was 7 rooms I believe ? So they interview for a week

Figure 3 guys per hour , 7 hours days that’s 21 ppl per day

Times that by number of rooms = 147x5 days

So 735 interviews. You might be right with 1000 number , in which case it will be super competitive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NycHopeful718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone get any ranking info? Or email/call the local?



   
ReplyQuote
(@930cc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Haven’t received anything yet. I did notice they updated the local one website though. Feb 5th was the cut off for the old list and they took that off.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Nvirb)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Received an email that mentioned that I will get my results no later than Thursday, Feb 15th. Anxiety reaches all time high lol



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share:
Scroll to Top