Elevator Forum

Las Vegas interview...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Las Vegas interview ???

47 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
65.8 K Views
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah next year for sure I'm thinking spring dro



   
ReplyQuote
(@julius)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The list is composed of the top 30 percent of all the applicants interviewed and that statistic was given directly to me from Mike Alcantar the guy who put together and ran the whole application process this year. The list is the unions selection of all applicants that they feel meet the standards that they are looking for. Having certifications like CPR, OSHA 10/30, Welding, Electricial, HVAC, or any other industry related schooling is what puts a candidate higher on the list and the lack of any of those puts you lower on the list but anyone on this list is in the unions eyes qualified to be an apprentice. so just the mere fact that anyone is on this list means they have something that the union sees as desirable in the industry.



   
ReplyQuote
(@julius)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dro you said you scored an 88.5, where did you get that info from? And I just talked to Joe Boswell the business agent at IUEC, Local 18 Las Vegas and he told me that in the last 2 year he has put approximately 50 apprentices to work and after hearing that I will be focusing on 2020 because the chances of making it past 75 people being picked are sim and none and slim just left. so good luck to you all. He also mentioned that they highest numbers he had ever seen was back in 2008 right before the bottom dropped out and then they just barely broke 200 helpers in the field. thats all just food for thought good day gentlemen.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Frankra8er)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
While all of you are waiting to be called. Get to know all the power tools. Especially the drill, impact wrench and driver, reciprocating saw, angle grinder, chop saw, and more. Reading a tape measure also very important. Your mechanic is not going to have the time or the patience to teach you.



   
ReplyQuote
 Dro
(@Dro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Julius, I know people. And from I hear, they're gonna exhaust the list. May take 18 months, but everyone will get a chance.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GenErick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Dro
Julius, I know people. And from I hear, they're gonna exhaust the list. May take 18 months, but everyone will get a chance.

I hope so man, obviously every one of us really wants to be there and we’ve put in the time and effort to get our chance. I really hope every single one of us can make it to the field.

Last edited by GenErick; 09/15/18 12:24 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@GenErick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m an out of towner in a good career but in a second I’m willing to drop everything to get my chance because this is what I want, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s willing to pack up and go for this opportunity. The economy is booming, there has never been such a short amount of skilled labor in our country and I hope that means we can all earn our place here.

Last edited by GenErick; 09/15/18 12:30 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Dro
(@Dro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You gotta think about people that will fail the drug test (up 100 days to get clean), people that'll quit after a few weeks, people that'll run late and think that's acceptable AND they're still in the probation period. People that live our of state and cant make it the next day, people that may have contractual obligations that make it impossible for them to not give 2 week notice... Lots of ways the list will move.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GenErick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sent you a PM dro!



   
ReplyQuote
(@julius)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
To everyone that is optimistic, I am in your corner. However after talking to the people that are running the show in the union that we are trying to become part of, my hopes for anything before 2020 can not be so optimistic. A more a realistic goal at this point is to make myself more desirable as a worker in the form of certifications and classes. You can find out the same infor straight from the horses mouth by calling 702-704-3219 and ask for Joe Boswell and he will tell you the same thing he told me. Its pretty simple, then all the non facts can be silenced. Easy solution to an easy problem.

Last edited by julius; 09/18/18 03:42 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What did he say exactly? That might be the case for me as well considering my rank..



   
ReplyQuote
(@julius)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
See now I think that the roles have reversed here because in the beginning where I was the one who was being criticized by you which by the way was so rude and unprofessional that I wanted to punch you in the face for (which is totally unlike me). I think we have come full circle and now I feel like it is I who is going to be rude and unprofessional by saying, "Are you fucking serious?" I gave YOU the fucking mans name and his telephone number so YOU could call him and get the information directly from him so that you would not be confused about this subject anymore. You cant follow simple directions or you do not understand English whatever the case is I have no idea how you got a higher ranking than anyone in the pool sorry to have to have gone there but your obtuseness is rather frustrating. Once again, and this time I will try to put it in a way you can understand, PICK UP THE PHONE WITH YOUR HAND AND DIAL 702-704-3219 AND ASK FOR JOE BOSWELL THEN ASK HIM WHATEVER YOUR QUESTIONS ARE THAT RELATE TO THE ELEVATOR UNION AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE PROPER ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
this some high level thread drama
*(image not available in this archive)*

Last edited by hog451; 09/18/18 11:30 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Beans94)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just look away from the screen bro



   
ReplyQuote
(@GenErick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Haha this is quite the thread

Last edited by GenErick; 09/19/18 01:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share:
Scroll to Top