Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
31/08/2018 2:31 pm
Hello after passing my aptitude test and waiting a month I just had my interview. I am not sure I did well, but I was honest and confident in my replies at the time. Second guessing it now, is only going to stress me out. Whats done is done and it's all up to them now. Any one else do their interview yet? And if so what letter does your last name start with? So maybe we can figure out where they are in this whole process.My last name starts with C and I did my interview on the 27th at 2 pm. Has anyone been thru this before, and not made it in? and if so how far through the process did you get before they told you to come back another time? How about this, how many people make it this far and don't get in the program? Lets say they don't decide to let me in, and they send me a letter informing me of that. Would they explain why I was not considered or is it just a form(thanks for applying but we aren't interested at this time) letter?
13/09/2018 11:12 am
If you didn"t pass the interview, they"re not going to explain why. Let me know if you pass or not.
13/09/2018 12:04 pm
What rank did u get Frank?
Topic starter
13/09/2018 2:30 pm
Frank I passed the interview and i am 329 in the pool of applicants. And that means almost nothing to me or anyone else seeing as how they didn't include any info like what number they are on or anything like that. You would think that they would include some information seeing as how now I am supposedly in the probation phase of the apprenticeship now. but that is not the case again as I am beginning to understand the case is info is only sent on a need to know basis and we don't need to know but that's all just a control issue that is on the people running the show so let them do as they will and I will just do whatever they say (within reason) and see where it goes.
13/09/2018 9:45 pm
Julius,
They start at #1 then they go to #2 then #3and so on. Counting is a basic tool that will be required in this trade, unfortunately you seem to be oblivious to the concept of it. You are not a probationary apprentice, you are number on the hiring list. If you get hired you become a probie. There is no control issue with this. You interviewed your score was ranked against the others and you were ranked 329 or lower than 328 guys. The interview scoring is based off 100 points. If you were serious about this trade and researched through these threads you would have found out the scoring of the interview.
14/09/2018 12:35 am
Originally Posted by julius
Frank I passed the interview and i am 329 in the pool of applicants. And that means almost nothing to me or anyone else seeing as how they didn't include any info like what number they are on or anything like that.
Originally Posted by Rique925
Called the hall and the receptionist was pretty cool, she gave me my rank already I'm #109/345 with 91.5 score, however she said that they usually only hire at most in vegas up to 100 so I have to get lucky if people turn down the job,don't pass drug test, don't like the work, etc..damn I was hoping to at least be under 100.
That 329 means something to me, it means that over 95 percent of applicants scored higher than you.
14/09/2018 8:46 am
Julius.Congrats, you passed the interview. Even though you had a high number. Your foot is in the door. I was ranked 175, from Local 18 in Los Angeles. They called me 3 months ago. Took a year and a half for them to call. It's pretty busy over here. They should be in the high 200s by now.
14/09/2018 9:03 am
Shoot hopefully they call me in a year atleast..
14/09/2018 11:02 am
Hello everyone and congrats to all those who passed the interview. I also passed the interview in Las Vegas, I am within the first 100, but not sure what that really means in terms of likelihood to get a call. Does anyone know what the work picture looks like in Las Vegas, or is there previous years to compare the number on the list of applicants to how many were actually called? I know it is a very nerve wrecking process for those of us who are currently waiting through this process. Good luck to all!
14/09/2018 11:53 am
I scored in the high 80's on the interview and am listed in the upper 100's. I was really disappointed in that and hoping to quit my job real soon. I will be waiting for a call. I figure 20-30% will fail the drug test, as it can take up to 100 days to get clean if you're a habitual toker (given that it is legal here). Another 20% will probably say it isn't for them once they get into it. Another 15% will not pass the probation period... so maybe being in the upper 100's isn't as bad as I think (wishful thinking)... Im assuming they have called up people. anyone know where they are at by chance?
14/09/2018 12:53 pm
Nice man what number? And doing my research in another thread called "interview ranking" from what I seen only 34 people got hired off the old list, at least that was the last update the guy posted. After reading generick's post my #109 feels at least now like an #80
Topic starter
14/09/2018 1:21 pm
or 5% scored lower than me
Topic starter
14/09/2018 1:24 pm
there were 600+ applicants from what i was told.
14/09/2018 1:27 pm
Exactly, only 345 passed the interview. Just wondering how old are you Julius?
14/09/2018 1:43 pm
im in the 190s and scored an 88.5. I figure there are multiple applicants per score. If you average every half point down to 70, about 6 guys per half point. Maybe it doesn't look so bad, but they still go in order. I'm thinking 6 months for me. I hang around a few good friends that work for different companies, TK, Otis mechanics. I was initially bummed about the rank, but I heard it was extremely competitive, so it made me feel better about it. Look for the new year for a bunch of hires for the 100-200 range... IMO.
Page 1 / 4
Next