Elevator Forum

Interview ranking
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview ranking

458 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@mrknownothing)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Oreo213
I sure hope so. I'm in the 70's , hopefully I get a call within the next six months. Looks like they are going down the list pretty quick. I don't really know how much hiring these companies do over the holidays. Maybe I'll pick up after the new year.

Last update on here was 28 and we just hired one today. it should get up there pretty quick.



   
ReplyQuote
(@IceeOne)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
70 is a great ranking man.

My buddy got ranked 520, but has no experience whatsoever.

It will be a miracle if they call him.

Hope Hog451 is correct and everyone is eventually called.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joe45)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@Oreo213 yeah 70 is good should be getting called in soon. @iceeOne my buddy was 475 on the last list and got called in.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eman310)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Joe, how long did it take for your buddy to get called in? I ranked 442 on this list😬



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oreo213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. I'll post it up as soon as I get the call. That way you guys can get an idea of how fast the list is moving. Good luck to everyone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oreo213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Happy thanksgiving to everyone in this forum !!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@IceeOne)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello Joe,

Is your friend who was 475 get called from the LA list that everyone just tested from?

Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joe45)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@Eman310 it took him almost 2 years, but there is more demand for new hires and more upcoming projects this list from what I hear. So hopefully you will get in sooner. @IceeOne no it was from the list that just closed. Also I heard there is a company that has a project coming up soon that has over 40 elevators and they will be calling a lot of ppl from the list.

Last edited by Joe45; 11/25/16 04:20 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Oreo213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone know what number they are at right now ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@dotpwnd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Last we heard was 28, doubt they would have called ppl last week due to the holiday. Hope they continue this week, if not next week.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oreo213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@dotpwnd Thanks , I think you are right. I wonder how many people will be called for December. One more thing, do elevator companies require you to wear steel toe boots?



   
ReplyQuote
(@dotpwnd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I heard different thing about foot protection. The company will tell you what they require because from my understanding some do not want steal toe boots. It might depend on the assignment you get assigned.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mrknownothing)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Oreo213
@dotpwnd Thanks , I think you are right. I wonder how many people will be called for December. One more thing, do elevator companies require you to wear steel toe boots?

I have worked at 2 separate companies in Southern California and both require steel toe boots. There are other choices that I have see mechanics take advantage of such as steel toe skate type shoes and what not but even in the shop we were required to wear steel toe boots due to the type of equipment we deal with loading and unloading. Some companies may be going over to composite toe boots because of electrical hazards but as far as I know steel toes are the norm.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oreo213)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like I gots to get me a pair of steel toe boots. Thank you very much for the information.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Daniel Quezada)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Oreo , I got hired last week. Steel toe boots are required. I was told at the apprenticeship and at the Otis office. I was kinda bummed at first because I was use to the redwings for the past 5 years doing ironwork. But I tried the thorogoods with the steel toe and they are very comfortable FYI.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 31
Share:
Scroll to Top