Elevator Forum

Interview ranking
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview ranking

458 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@Ddavis77)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats, Anyone know why the LA list seems to keep going backwards in numbers being called? I know #260 was called a few weeks ago and it seems like lower ranking numbers keep getting called.You would think they passed and called these numbers already.



   
ReplyQuote
(@David De La O)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s because when they hold new interviews it is possible for applicants to score better than previous applicants. In that case they rank you with a lower number. Then they back track to lower numbers before moving down the list again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@B19gale)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Right on, good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Buffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
David, with that logic is this supposed to mean you scored at 230 even though the list may have been at 300 already? And that they choose you and then pick up where the list left off? That’s no way to quantify applicants.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rmiller86)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Buffalo
David, with that logic is this supposed to mean you scored at 230 even though the list may have been at 300 already? And that they choose you and then pick up where the list left off? That’s no way to quantify applicants.

That's exactly what they do. The interviews they do throughout the year are for Helmets to Hardhats, aka veterans. If they rank higher than what the list is currently at they get hired first. If lower they get hired before the open applicant with the same rank hence the A in there ranking. It's to help Veterans start a career outside of the military. They only have open recruiting every few years or longer but, they interview H2H guys multiple times per year.

I seriously hope you are not upset with Veterans getting jobs after they put there lives on the line in war.....



   
ReplyQuote
(@Buffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am a veteran but thanks

Last edited by Buffalo; 12/06/18 02:38 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Rmiller86)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's awesome, thank you!
Did you not go through H2H?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Buffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea, actually I went through h2h and had my interview June 1st. I found it strange that number 230 got hired today and I’m 323a even with my 1.5 years of experience at SpaceX. So no, I’m not fresh out of TAPS lol I thought he might’ve been trolling us just because of the vast differentiation in our rankings and the fact that 260 got hired in October. I was confused

Last edited by Buffalo; 12/06/18 03:04 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Ddavis77)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Same here got on through H2H, Interviewed December 2017, The only advantage I see H2H does for us veterans is allow us to test/interview before open enrollment? I ranked 330(LA List) ... 5 years as a mechanic in the Navy, 2 years underwater welding and working in aerospace now. Buffalo, makes me curious how they choose someone's ranking too! Must be some extremely qualified guys out there! Congrats to everyone though. Our time will come.

Last edited by Ddavis77; 12/06/18 01:22 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@David De La O)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m sorry you felt that way. My intentions were only to give a better feel for what number they were on. Best of luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
As far as I know veterans don't have to take the aptitude test, just the tool test and the interview. And I thought they get an automatic 5 point bonus.
Might be different from local to local though I guess...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Buffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tammy, I am a veteran and had to take the aptitude test.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tammy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe there isn't a universal rule then. My husband is a veteran and he went through the regular process, including the aptitude test. He said he found out afterwards that he wouldn't have had to take it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ry711)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any updates on PHX?



   
ReplyQuote
(@AWallace)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called yesterday and they said they were still on 14



   
ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 31
Share:
Scroll to Top