Elevator Forum

Interview ranking
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview ranking

458 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
 Erok
(@Erok)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea



   
ReplyQuote
(@JessyV)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
For anyone who who's waiting to be called... let's help each other out by posting when we each get called, what number, and from what list we are so we don't have to keep asking over and over again the same question we all want answered lol. I'm sure everyone here wants a constant update, I know I do!



   
ReplyQuote
(@G_brown)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm on the Milwaukee list. I ranked fairly low, no call yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mark32)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for posting G brown. I hope you get called soon. If you don't mind, post once you do get called. I'm curious if anybody has been called yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Acesspades)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I interviewed for Local 139 in Orlando, Fl. I ranked #60, I don't know if that a good thing or a bad thing. Any advice guys?



   
ReplyQuote
(@LaZorChicKen)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Depends on the size of your local and the amount of work. For example, here in southern California the local has over a thousand guys and 60 would have already been hired. Our list came out in November and they have gone through over 100 names already. I'm 210 on the local 18 list which is Southern California. I'll guessing I'll get called end of year or beginning of next.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Acesspades)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you for your response. Guess I'll just wait it out and hopefully get called in.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What's starting rate ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
All starting rates are 50% of the mechanic's base rate. This information is readily available.
http://www.wdol.gov/dba.aspx

In Local 8 Santa Clara County it's $63.44 for a mechanic's base rate. 50% of that is $31.72.

In Local 80 Raleigh the base Mechanic's rate is $38.14. 50% is $19.07.

I posted these two because they are the Highest and the Lowest in the country. These numbers do not factor in that companies can pay mechanics more if they want.

Also, keep in mind that the cost of living in these two areas are vastly different. You would have to make roughly $41.50 to start in San Jose to have the same buying power as you would if you started in Raleigh. Or you would have to start at $14.58 in Raleigh.

Furthermore, the fringe benefits are equal.

http://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/raleigh-nc/san-jose-ca/39666



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: hog451
All starting rates are 50% of the mechanic's base rate. This information is readily available.
http://www.wdol.gov/dba.aspx

In Local 8 Santa Clara County it's $63.44 for a mechanic's base rate. 50% of that is $31.72.

In Local 80 Raleigh the base Mechanic's rate is $38.14. 50% is $19.07.

I posted these two because they are the Highest and the Lowest in the country. These numbers do not factor in that companies can pay mechanics more if they want.

Also, keep in mind that the cost of living in these two areas are vastly different. You would have to make roughly $41.50 to start in San Jose to have the same buying power as you would if you started in Raleigh. Or you would have to start at $14.58 in Raleigh.

Furthermore, the fringe benefits are equal.

http://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/raleigh-nc/san-jose-ca/39666

Awesome dude! Thanks I'm sure everyone will appreciate the information! Dang though sounds like we're better off in NC although 19$ sounds like peanuts lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mark32)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone know if you are allowed to work as an apprentice in a local you that you don't live in? I'm on the edge of the jurisdiction of 2 different locals and wondering if I can apply to both when recruitment is open.

Also if there is a potential to transfer from one local to another at any point as an apprentice.

Thanks to anyone who has any info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes. Initially you can but they will want you to move into it.
Yes. You can apply to every local you want.
Yes. But after you join the union; in a year.

Last edited by hog451; 06/07/17 02:39 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Mark32)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So is there a specific amount of time one would have to move into the jurisdiction or might that vary by local?
Some of the locals seem to cover a pretty wide area.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eman310)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any updates on the Los Angeles list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mark32)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anybody else on the milwaukee list?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 31
Share:
Scroll to Top