Elevator Forum

Interview ranking
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview ranking

458 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey has anybody interviewed for the Local 8 yet?



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I did



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I did mine the 8th of March, my last name starts with a k. They probably have a different way of scheduling the interviews. Doesn't matter in the end. They won't be done for a while. We'll get our results in early may.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
For local 8? Wow they must not be interviewing everyday then because one of the gentlemen said it was their 8th day interviewing and I had mine on the 29th

Last edited by Eros; 04/02/17 05:01 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Okay so they're probably going by score



   
ReplyQuote
 Zakk
(@Zakk)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I interviewed on March 21st. Last name starts with A.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes local 8. And they are getting people from both sides of the trade to come together for these interviews and I'm sure there are at least 500 of them to do. Spacing them out would probably mean they are paying better attention to each candidate anyway. You just get used to waiting on this side of the fence.

Last edited by ElecTech; 04/02/17 08:12 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good luck everybody! I interivew in a week and a half.

How long was the interview?

What kind of questions did they ask?



   
ReplyQuote
(@blakjak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just finished my interview last week and got my ranking today. Out of respect for what I've gathered for this industry so far in terms of privacy for the system I'll just say that they're basic interview questions, or at least mine were for my group. There were seven questions and they were the same general questions you'll find in any Google search about common job interview questions. Don't sweat it and answer the way you think the employer would want an employee to answer. (e.g what comes first; work or family? Obviously the answer is the job comes first but seeing as you're an adult with capable planning abilities you can schedule things in advance and make sure things are covered both at work and at home.)

Interview lasted about 15 minutes. I wore a suit. Didn't see anyone else in one. Not sure if it made a difference.

Last edited by blakjak; 04/03/17 05:10 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You got your ranking already for local 8?



   
ReplyQuote
(@blakjak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nooooo, Local 49.



   
ReplyQuote
(@jeff24)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: blakjak
Nooooo, Local 49.

If you don't mind my asking, what'd you get? I interviewed at the 49 as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: blakjak
Just finished my interview last week and got my ranking today. Out of respect for what I've gathered for this industry so far in terms of privacy for the system I'll just say that they're basic interview questions, or at least mine were for my group. There were seven questions and they were the same general questions you'll find in any Google search about common job interview questions. Don't sweat it and answer the way you think the employer would want an employee to answer. (e.g what comes first; work or family? Obviously the answer is the job comes first but seeing as you're an adult with capable planning abilities you can schedule things in advance and make sure things are covered both at work and at home.)

Interview lasted about 15 minutes. I wore a suit. Didn't see anyone else in one. Not sure if it made a difference.

Completely understandable.
I just really want to do well since this is going to be the biggest interview of my life so far and pretty much life changing lol.



   
ReplyQuote
(@IceeOne)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone know what ranking number the LA list is on?



   
ReplyQuote
(@blakjak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: jeff24
Originally Posted By: blakjak
Nooooo, Local 49.

If you don't mind my asking, what'd you get? I interviewed at the 49 as well.

I don't mind. I got number one. In all fairness, I was the old guy in a suit on Thursday morning at 10:00 if you were there then. I've got a lot of experience and military background so I've got a leg up on some of the younger guys. I applied through the NEIEP, drove 1000 miles twice (test and interview), paid for my own hotels, and took my own vacation time on this one too so I'm hoping it pans out by August.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 31
Share:
Scroll to Top