Elevator Forum

Finally approved - ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Finally approved - introduction & inquiry

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,057 Views
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38038]
Hello! Coming at you from a theme park! Nice to be here and finally get approved! I have a lot under my scope here, but one of the big ones is elevators and ADA lift management. I've never worked on elevators or lifts, I'm more of a lame management guy sadly, so it's a new area for me.

So - we have a few issues with an ADA lift. It is currently locked out by the State. Thankfully, the ride is still up and running, but I would LOVE to try to get this opened back up ASAP. Problem is, 2024 new regulations require prints, diagram and other things. Back before I was trying to get my account approved on this forum, we were in DIRE need of the wiring diagram. I got so desperate I even paid $25 on another site to see if that diagram matched what we had on site. I don't think it did, but it was a high risk high reward.

LUCKILY our elevator contractor was able to find the wiring diagram on the panel of the controller, but we couldn't find any structure diagrams. Not on our drives, not on any prints, nada. I obviously wanted to ask for help on this forum, if possible if anyone had documents to share for this particular lift. I didn't want to come off demanding or anything - so that's my situation and my plea. Locked out by the state and in need of some help of internet strangers.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Never did see what kind of ADA lift you are trying to get info on. What brand, year installed, model, pics? any help on your end might elicit response from our end.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also, your location might help...



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I purposely didn't include it because I didn't want to overwhelm the welcome section. In years past when I have overloaded the welcome section of a forum, I get berated by an Admin, haha. Let's call it California. Trying to hide *some* info for reasons.

If I can ask more - Model # is BC-42. I saw some other posts about BC-42's on here which is why I made an account at all originally. I'm going to poke around with the search function. If I find what I need, I will edit or add a response here.



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I DID want to offer this up: Wiring diagram for BC-42 - at least what we have, if this helps anyone looking for it.

https://ibb.co/LhrrkSK - I tried my best to hide any info about where this is located and who had serviced it in the past, but this is a Wheel-O-Vator (I was told this manufacturer was bought like 3 years ago and now doesn't exist anymore, hence all the trouble trying to find this stuff). This picture is what we found behind the controller.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Boy, nice find. You might get a copy of it and have it laminated. Welcome to the forum.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Usually, you find this sheet glued to the back of the Junction box cover inside he unit. This is a screw drive unit and appears to have electric locks at top and bottom floors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Most of these had mechanical locks and not electric strikes...
I would think that a previous WOV deale3r could handdle any problems with a unit like this...



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm not looking for the unit to be fixed. It's completely operational!

I'm not looking to get it repaired, we have 1-2 companies for that. I'm just looking for any structural drawings if anyone has them. I found something that looks INCREDIBLY similar to ours. I just can't say to the State that it's like-for-like. I guess I should ask our elevator company to compare.

https://ibb.co/xj8Yf6P - I THINK this is a print of what we have as far as a BC-42 has, but this is not from our records. I literally googled this and pulled it from page 5 from "The National Wheel-O-Vator Co., Inc. Vertical Platform Lifts" Buyline PDF here: https://www.accesselevatorinc.com/content/brochures/national/nwovverticalbrochure.pdf

The reason I'm posting these is to see with your guys' expert eyes, I'm wondering if anyone has this similar lift and the print I'm showing above looks like the one anyone has or has worked on. If yes, I can tell the state we have a print and we have a wiring diagram and then I just need to do two other things to get the lift unlocked.

Last edited by biggestMug; 08/22/24 09:59 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When a customer contracted to have a WOV product installed, SOP would be to get a generic cut sheet of the product with the features required and the Architect would make/find the space to have it installed. WOV never gave out engineering/structural drawings for any installation. This is standard for just about any Accessibility lift or equipment that I am aware of or familiar with. Sorry for any confusion...



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah, I know the standard practice, but I don't think anyone saved the cut sheet for this as it happened 25 years ago, so we're Crap out of luck, huh?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've never heard of any part of a code that requires layout drawings to be present in the MCP for existing lifts. Are you sure you need them? Wiring diagrams, test procedures, and a specified maintenance plan are all reasonable things but not the generic layout for a wheelchair lift. Even if the code changed and it's required in the newest code I wouldn't think it would become a retroactive requirement to need those drawings. Also you said you had to pay $25 for prints. That's very cheap. It cost more then that to make copies of most prints. Some companies charge $1000+ for prints if you don't have a service contract with them



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You wouldn't think the new code would apply since it isn't a new installation, but it does apparently to the State of California, lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Id check the unit for a code data tage that will tell you what year it was installed and the code year it's compliant to. I don't know what code California uses but if it's asme a17.1 then it should be easy enough to ask the governing body where it requires lay out drawings for a wheelchair lift.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Seriously?
California is now requiring wiring diagrams and installation drawings to be on site… from the 60’s through current day? Is this what I’m understanding? Line drawings or electrical diagram I can understand, but…
And a red tag to go along with non compliance? Good luck with that.
MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY.
Newsom will soon require all surfboards to be registered with the state and owners will have to provide a data tag showing board length, width and foam density certificates, proof of purchase, mfg’r and a “surfboard usage chart” which must be initialed and dated with location, time out/in by the local jurisdiction and said chart to be submitted to the state no later than January 10th (annually) of the subsequent year or no renewal sticker will be issued. Failure to comply will be $1,000 fine which may be increased (but not to exceed $10,000 for that calendar year) at the discretion of the local authority.
Pretty much sounds like Sacramento doesn’t it?

Last edited by elmcannic; 08/27/24 03:22 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top