Elevator Forum

Finally approved - ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Finally approved - introduction & inquiry

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,058 Views
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It should be compliant to the code of 98/99, that was the install date. Should be 25 years old. I wonder if the state would remove the tag if we have 3/4 of what they want. I'll ask and report back.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like someone might have made the elevator inspector a bit uptight. I always treat them with the utmost respect so these type of things don't happen, but I could be wrong. Any how, I would still buy him a coffee or take him out to lunch. Lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No, it wasn't that. I'm super nice to them and they like me a fair bit. They had to do what they had to do. They gave us 3 months to find this stuff and we've spent like 7 months trying to find them with no luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can you post a picture of the state code violation letter?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is for a wheelchair lift? Under the a18.1 correct?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Was just looking. 2011 a18.1 doesn't require a mcp or onsite documentation( prints). The 2017 a18.1 does require both. But unlike section 8 in the a17.1, doesn't specifically say it applys to existing installations.

What code year is your state adopted?



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes, it is for a wheelchair lift. @EElevator

@Montana I'd rather not unless you think that would help in some way?



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggestMug)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was incorrect, the code we're being held to in California was put in place May 9th, 1998! I just called the inspector's boss.

Ours was installed in 1999, so we should have had this stuff forever ago apparently. The great thing: Boss was SUPER nice and said we don't need the structure prints since MFR doesn't exist anymore! We should be able to get it back open with 3 out of 4 items requested.

Thanks everyone for reading and participating in the thread. At least I could provide our wiring diagram if that helps anybody. I appreciate the replies.

Sometimes you just gotta call and ask questions, haha.

Last edited by biggestMug; 08/29/24 05:50 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice, glad their boss was reasonable about the situation.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top