Elevator Forum

Can somebody please...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Can somebody please tell me the brand of this?

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
28.2 K Views
(@dieselducy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7192]
Can somebody please tell me the brand of this?

I bought this off ebay. I would like to know the brand and if any replacement parts are available.


   
Quote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Looks like Armor to me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@dieselducy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have seen this fixture on a General Dover elevator in St. Louis a while back as well. the buttons are quite big, kinda like adams WN. Are these pretty rare??

Last edited by dieselducy; 05/28/13 02:14 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think you can still buy some of these old Square button parts from SEES. I'm pretty sure the DUO Style key switches are obsolete though. This panel looks like it's in pretty good shape. Most of the jobs I've seen with these kind of buttons, the buttons are held together with crazy glue or what ever the mechanic had in his truck to make a quick repair.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Voting for Armor



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
May we see the back side of the car station? I would like to see the contact block.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Reminds me of old Elevator Electric style buttons.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Back in the day General was the biggest elevator company in St.Louis. So these fixtures are still all over town. And yes Armor gets my vote too if my memory is right.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey danzeitz. I seem to remember a "Long" elevator company in St. Louis.... They still around?



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Long was a good sized independent that was in st.louis, Illinois Florida built there own equipment they have sold out twice but ended up as a Kone holding.



   
ReplyQuote
(@dieselducy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Long got bought out by Kone, I got a tour while i was in STL. The panel came in today. Ill post some photos of a button break down. buttons in VERY good shape.. I would like to get some keys for the key switches.



   
ReplyQuote
(@dieselducy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Upon doing research I too agree these are Armor fixtures. I find it strange that I have seen it on SO MANY dover elevators from the 60 and 70s. I found the parts on SEESinc. I wonder if they will sell to me, I am just a collector/enthusiast. ALSO I want keys for the fan/light switches. would any of y'all know which key is the correct key number? I know SEESinc has several different keys..



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Another Armor vote? DANG! Now I'll have to wait and see who mfg'd this button and hopefully we can learn who may have used them as a standard. There's a lot at stake here. LOL!



   
ReplyQuote
(@dieselducy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What do you want me to photograph. I have already taken one button apart to clean. I will post some photos next time i get my camera to download.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rkpelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
buttons are km white. used Duo keys



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top