Elevator Forum

What constitute Sli...
 
Notifications
Clear all

What constitute Slippage

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,540 Views
(@JohnPapa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31185]
What constitutes Slippage in the elevator wires is a very general question and at this point in time I am looking for a general answer,

We recently had an elevator inspection. The inspector wrote that there was Slippage without mentioning how much and what method was used to test slippage. The elevator people (Company is in the top 5) told me that the slippage was 12cm, but when I spoke to the inspector he told me that it was 1.4cm. I have spoken to 3 companies that manufacture elevator wire and they all mentioned that 1.4cm is normal and they did not consider it as Slippage. In the presence of a qualified elevator technician I did the standard Slippage test with no load, from the 9th floor to ground and back up again. I videotaped the entire run and sent it to the inspector and the elevator company. No reply yet. I attach the results of my test in the before.jpg and after.jpg attachments.

Any information on Slippage would be greatly appreciated.

John

Attachments
Before.jpg (55.25 KB, 37 downloads)
After.jpg (114.75 KB, 33 downloads)



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That looks like normal creep. A17.1 code defines creep in section 1.3, section 2.20.8.1 defines traction loss. If the unit has velocity and position encoders it would monitor traction loss every run.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JohnPapa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks John for the reply.

It does look like normal creep and most likely there is something fishy in the whole matter. Most likely we will report matters to the governing body.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top