I found the car with the doors cycling, not making full close. Detector edge (Lambda III-D) checks out ok, door operator is an AT-400 with a relay interface. After powering down and checking relay contacts, locks etc. the problem appeared to be gone. I ran the car around and everything was looking good. I went to the machine room to pick up my tools and found door relays cycling.
The problem only happens when more than one call is latched. For example: if I place a car call to 4 and a hall call is latched for 5, the car will stop at four, 304 will drop and then the doors begin to cycle. If I manually reset 501, the doors will close and then I can latch another call. This scenario happens with any combination of hall calls or car calls at all floors. The car will run fine if calls are latched one at a time and another call cannot be latched until the doors are closed.
Westinghouse usually has a data plate on the controller. By your brief description it may say something like a 2BC-ERL. You may also find the model number at the top of a page from your print. If you can't find a data plate post a picture.
I would start by disconnecting the hall call if you can. Then work back from your door open relay circuit. If 44(?) is your door open, what is signaling for 44 to energize.
Once we know what you are working with things will go faster.
I still have some of my old info. If you PM your email address I will send you something to help familiarize you with Westinghouse.
I would say REL or ERL. If you have no knowledge or literature about Westinghouse it will be tuff. Make sure 438 and 42 is working correctly to start with.
I poked around a bit more and found a few contacts jumped and a couple of relays blocked, I hate Crap like this. I found some ERL prints, when the problem comes back I'll be a little more prepared. I also spoke with the former route mechanic, no longer at our company, this problem is not new. The problem apparently comes and goes, usually solved by jacking the mainline.