Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/10/2011 9:56 pm
We have an elevator that is walk through on the first level and front opening on the other 7 floors. Our customer would like to make the elevator walk through on all 7 floors. This would require activating the rear opening on the 6 floors above the first level. Does anyone know if this can be programmed with the tool or will it require a software change from Schindler. There are no rear entrances now and the elevator was not originally designed to open the rear doors on any level other than the first floor.
19/10/2011 12:12 am
I know nothing about the Epoch II, but I'm just curious- Does the controller or cop processor already have provisions for rear car and/or hall calls? Are there 7 unused terminals, where the rear car calls could potentially be landed? Are any call signals serial linked? Does the car have a selector tape, or vanes and mag switches, and is there a provision there for the rear door zone?
19/10/2011 8:17 am
You also would have to deal with phase 2 operation and splitting the entrances also adding smokes for rear lobbies. That wiring change would trigger a mod which means lockable fire panel and then your dealing with a newer controller and dispatching interface with the other cars. It's a great idea but the owner might want to wait until the mod for the group.
Topic starter
19/10/2011 10:49 am
Vic,
The Epoch II has Main, Aux., and Rear serial boards "FCB" for car calls that are programmable for the floors you want to use. There is a rear car call serial board used only for the first floor. I can't remember if these other floors can be turned on or not and I have not been able to find my manuals on the system. I'm sure I could make this work if I spent enough time on it but I think GreenPants is right, they would be better off just modding even this one car and taking it out of the group since they want to use it as a Service Elevator.
The Epoch II has Main, Aux., and Rear serial boards "FCB" for car calls that are programmable for the floors you want to use. There is a rear car call serial board used only for the first floor. I can't remember if these other floors can be turned on or not and I have not been able to find my manuals on the system. I'm sure I could make this work if I spent enough time on it but I think GreenPants is right, they would be better off just modding even this one car and taking it out of the group since they want to use it as a Service Elevator.
19/10/2011 11:07 am
The tool will not help you. You would need to have some software reprogrammed I believe. On the bright side have the customer get a quote from Schindler for reprogramming. Your mod. bid won't look so bad! I would agree with GreenPants, phase 2 will kill the deal.
19/11/2011 1:19 am
you will have to do a mod because its a software deal in order to do this. Good luck with schindler.yikes!!!!
05/12/2011 5:21 am
Yep you would need new Software burned.