Elevator Forum

VIP 260 overshootin...
 
Notifications
Clear all

VIP 260 overshooting terminal floors

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
14.8 K Views
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4271]
I have a 8 stop otis vip 260 controller with 6850bj selector.

When it gets to a terminal floor without any calls being placed,it will overshoot the floor,which in my case when it gets to the top it hits the final.Also does it at the bottom but will not hit the final,but level back up.
When it answer a call it works fine.

Should ST relay get up as it gets to a terminal landing without any calls?

I have a feeling it is in the hr,dg circuits,but they do they're thing and I have checked,replaced contacts.

This uses 1asc? brush to work the st circuits.



   
Quote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You know,the only thing I haven't done was check my connections behind the controller.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds as if its trying to zone further up and it cant go any further 🙂 Check to make sure your selector contacts are operating properly and when they are suppose to. DGD, DGU and DG timing is critical. Ive had quite a few similar to this that have ended up being bad selector contacts or bad selector traveling cables.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I definitely have zoning and dispatching issues.

Getting parts in tomorrow to rebuild dg relays and hr,hrx.
Everything is worn out,go figure.

Yes,st works fine with cpr or cbs pulled in,not with hr and dg .



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like you are on the right track..are you seeing the stopping sequence on the selector when coming into the terminals,stopping dogs engaging sls dropping out..I had a similar problem on a 65u control..someone had modified the back contacts in the FE circuit that was in parallel with the terminal switches..the race condition fe not making while approaching the terminals would put the car on the terminal limit everytime..



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for that tidbit.
It seems someone added a relay to what ,I don't know,maybe to compensate for leveling and the doors opening.

I have no "dogs" with this unit.
And if the fe contacts were still made I would get the ol' c, cy lock up,if ya know what I mean.

Off to bed.Bringing a fan tomorrow cause it's hotter then hell in there.;)



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have an Otis car that does that if I force it to run from the controller. My selector is up on the secondary next to the machines and the car calls are on the selector. I will pick LJ or HJ and I forget what else at the moment but the car will go into the pit.

Last edited by E-man; 08/08/12 10:39 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't have any of these units, but just want to say that this summer has taken several years off of my life. I know what you are going through with the heat. The wife wonders why I am grouchy , and stink every day when I get home. Then I get a shower and crash and dread doing it all over the next day.......I hope this is an early and cold winter. We can put jackets on,but only take so much off. Sweated through my uniform 2 times again today. Stinks that you have to take your own fan, will it just blow hot air around? Hoist ways should have ventilation, so should machine rooms. Maybe the customer should sit in the machine room while you troubleshoot. I bitch all the time about this, don't expect 72 degrees, but over 100 is ridiculous. Especially on old P.O.S. units. Good luck and be safe.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well,found my problem,I hope,so far.
GO relay contact would wedge and not pick up fully.
It's all worn out,you know.

Elevatorfella,yes it's hard to spend all day in an environment that is above 100 degrees and troubleshoot when you are dripping sweat all over the prints.

My company actually gave us mini infrared heat sensors to take reading when answering a call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well,it happened again after 2 weeks.
Up in the over head.
Over a weekend with no use.

Hmmmmm.

Dispatching definatly an issue,mod couldn't come soon enough.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i wonder whether your loosing your pattern cct and with the brake lifted the car is rolling up?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is a relay called SF. It might need looking into.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Broke_Sheave
There is a relay called SF. It might need looking into.

broke - doesnt this relay stand for series field and strengthen's the series fiels in preperation for slowdown and levelling.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
SF is the series field relay.
Has nothing to do with my problem,which,again,has disappeared.

The first thing I look for in this situation with this type and vintage controller is the H contact being worn down and motor brushes.

Anything loop related or brake related is not the issue.
The issue seems to be stopping sequence.
And not FE remaining in causing a c-cy lock-up.
Just a car going through the terminal landings .
All the other landing stops are fine.

I hope it's ok now that I fixed the GO circuit.

Now,I only got the Armour TMS 900 going down every once in awhile and the TAC something or another going down also.

10 more years to go,sigh...........



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No offence meant. Just recall an old, old, control that drove us crazy. About once a month we'd find it in the overhead. Malfunction of SF WAS the problem.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top