Does anyone know of any system upgrades that can be used. One of my locations has consent broad failure.
Many guys often experience failure with gaining "consent" from "broads". (It could be their dandruff) 😆
MP1230s also may have "constant board" failures!
The only thing that you really want to do in this case, is to rip out that old troublesome controller, and put something good in, like an MCE M2000.
But maybe someone else will know of an upgrade for the MP1230?
In that case, it would be an MCE4000 for mod, or similar.
I used to work on MP1200s or 1220s, that had a MDU (?) drive, for the generator field s-curve profile, and motor field. The edge connectors of the boards had too much current going through them, so they fried a lot. Also, the current going through the board traces was high, and sometimes it would peel a circuit trace right off the board.
Very "under engineered", and always a problem. That was at the LAX Marriott. Real bag of worms.
(I've actually seen the source code for the 1200. If memory serves me correctly it was an Intel based processor..Don't think it was motorola or DEC. But what I do know it was written entirely in Assembly code. No higher level language. After TK bought them out, there is NO ONE there that took over the code. so if you need upgrades..Good Luck..)..
But the absolute position encoder, similar in operation to a big O ppt, was pretty well thought out except for the rubber bands driving the little encoders. (1200 Gearless)..
It was also spooky watching these cars stop and not set the brake.
But as I said..The software was absolutely brilliant. Unfortuantely most of the hardware looks like it was bought at your local Radio Shack though..That's where the flaw is on this, General Elevator's ill Fated "Vanguard", Value Mod, stuff, Thames Valley...etc..
Good luck with it..
1200 Tach Feedback, some say motor control similar to Haughton Model 5. Right on about Intel based processor again some said same computer used during Americas cup. Back in the early 80s we could call up the machine room and get a printout of everything the majors are so proud of nowadays. What does Otis call that?
1210 Same as above except used SSD1 motor control.
1220 traction(last one out the door)
1230 hydro (Always thought it should visa versa)
As mentioned above, guys like Mike Salish and others were way ahead of the pack in designing smart elevators. These guys designed beautiful equipment, but "Purchasing screwed up the whole deal by buying the cheapest components available. Another point some of the other engineers that were lower on the Totem pole failed to take into consideration just how much current had to travel through those tracks.
I agree. Michael Salish, is indeed an engineering treasure of this industry. I met him back in the 80's on a modernization job. Brilliant guy..
Besides the Thames Valley/Salish conglomeration, I believe he was also involved with the IPC closed loop generator product, and the also the IPC 6970 closed loop operator. Both of which I've installed and can say are excellent products.