Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Vintage Otis

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,497 Views
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1371]
I have a 1954 vintage Otis double pump unit. With old Esco single silonid for down only valves. Up is right off the pump thru a check valve. One of the down valves is fast the other slow. We run in slow only with both silonids energized. And I am looking for any write ups on this before we tear her open. Any help is greatly appreciated.



   
Quote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sorry, My E-Mail is [email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you closed off the main adjusters to see which one is actually functioning properly. Even though both are energized, only the "level" may actually be moving the car. Manual lowering is in parallel with the solenoid to release pressure and allow a differential to create valve piston movement.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I had my guy disconnect coil leads one at a time to isolate the non functioning valve so we do know witch is witch. I just didnt want to send him in blind if I could locate a write up.



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah sorry, everything I have says to retrofit with a Maxton. I will keep looking though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
its a easy upgrade to maxton. keep it a down leveling unit, pick both up coils off of an aux M contact. better yet install a soft starter with it and use MUS for added safety and reliability.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This unit is in a major university. And they claim the bldg is coming down. But I will gladly do a Maxton upgrade if all elce fails.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top