Elevator Forum

Vaseline on door lo...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Vaseline on door lock contacts ?

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,705 Views
(@JimboNJ)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20209]
You guys ever use it or is it just a old school myth?



   
Quote
 Boa
(@Boa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use it on beaks for residential and VPLs all the time, have used on a couple of older locks. Use very sparingly. The old shipper ropes contacts used to state on the cover to the contacts to use petrolium jelly



   
ReplyQuote
 Boa
(@Boa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
the reidential locks I've used it on gave no more troubles



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Never heard of Vaseline, have heard of wiping the contacts with a rag that has WD40 on it.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I only saw some of the old time mechanics keep jars of it in the top of their tool boxes. As a helper at the time I really didn't want to ask why...



   
ReplyQuote
(@JimboNJ)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hahaha, how did I know somebody was gunna say that



   
ReplyQuote
(@koneisland)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Was great for stopping the carbon contacts squealing when they passed over the floor bars on the old mechanical floor selectors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
A lot of the old Otis techs did this, on the lock hold and lift points.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top