Any help or suggestions will be welcomed.
The wye-delta is a full-voltage starter that requires a 6-lead motor and contactors that allow the motor winding to be connected in wye configuration during acceleration. Wye-connected motor windings experience phase voltage rather than full-line voltage. Efficiency is good; inrush current and initial torque is reduced; but switching to full line is not a smooth transition.
Is your starter "wye-delta" or "across the line"?
If it's wye-delta, wye (A) transfers to delta (B) and then the valve opens for the car to move...
The car shouldn't move in wye.
Also check your 5 volt power supply, 5.05 should be good. Check it too at the TV5 terminal at the travel cable terminal strip on top of the controller. The top and bottom plugs and connectors on the PwrSupply are problematic.
HEY STUDLY! YOOOHOOO...........
I spoke to Shawn at World about this issue and he told me it is a common problem with this controller vintage. The capacitor which I spoke about is there to keep several circuits functioning one of which is the door lock circuits.
Thanks to all of you for your words of wisdom. It was a strange call and I am glad is has been put to rest.
Sincerely,
Wayne
I did check my supply voltages and did adjust the 5 volt supply but that did not help. It turned out to be a bad function board. Thanks for your help.
Wayne
Glad to hear it's out of your hair