Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Twin Post Pricing

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,963 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37247]
Hi

Who is the best priced twin post manufacture?



   
Quote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just the jacks or a whole elevator package?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Jack Sling Platform



   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Canton I would say



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Canton has a nice set up



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
2-stop?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm not sure on pricing. But if it's a two stop, canton makes their own jacks in house. The blue ones. IMO the best jacks in the industry. But only for 2 stops, they buy ECO telescopic after that. Reason I mention is I'd think them making their own jacks would keep the cost down too.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
5 stop
49’ 2” travel
Looking for roped hydro

Last edited by Jluff; 04/13/24 10:08 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Canton makes those too. A little labor intensive Install. Good equipment though. I'd prefer an inground over one of those



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I would prefer an in ground also. But drilling for an in ground cost 40k. Then you still have to buy and install the jack



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just did a quick quote on Alliance Elevator Solutions website. 3-stage twin post jacks and sling/platform with buffers. $38,315.98



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The company I work for just did a talk roped hydro like that. It came out nice.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What are your thoughts on telescopic vs roped twin post ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They both suck to do packings on in the future. Roped hydros have safeties so they need more indepth 5 year testing, they take longer to install cuz the extra guide rails for the rames head, but they typically ride nice and are very smooth. Telescopic jacks are typically quicker on the install but if you're out of plumb on the install you end up with multiple packings wearing out and leaking... Im sure I'm missing some other points on each but you could make a good argument for either



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top