Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
24/11/2011 2:22 pm
Good Day. What are the restrictions of travelling cable? Is it restricted to reconnect the wires on the travelling cable if cut? it is okay to used that damaged travelling cable?
Thanks.
26/11/2011 2:41 am
jericho,
I don't know of the specific code to cite it, someone else may up on that, but I did have an inpector write up to replace a traveling cable that the outter jacket had broken open, yet no wires were damaged. So, I suppose you could inline the broken wires, tape the thing up good and wait for you know who to write it up. But now I'm thinking, "How damaged is it?, Is the damaged area in the loop?" That may be your deciding factor as to now or later.
I don't know of the specific code to cite it, someone else may up on that, but I did have an inpector write up to replace a traveling cable that the outter jacket had broken open, yet no wires were damaged. So, I suppose you could inline the broken wires, tape the thing up good and wait for you know who to write it up. But now I'm thinking, "How damaged is it?, Is the damaged area in the loop?" That may be your deciding factor as to now or later.
Topic starter
28/11/2011 1:48 pm
yes the damaged area is in the loop and just the outer jacket has been broken. but i have read that the traveling cable supposed to be flame and moisture resistant the this damaged cable may less the resistivity of the traveling cable.
Last edited by jericho; 11/28/11 05:53 AM.
20/12/2011 8:10 pm
I am a lift tester and any damaged travelling cables in the shaft need replacing this also applys to the car as well going up to your half way box on the lift car as well