Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
13/04/2011 1:33 pm
I'm looking at picking up several Northern Elevator roped hydros and Traction cars. Does anyone know if they need special proprietary tools or are there any issues that should be taken into consideration before servicing them? How hard is it to repack the cylinders?
13/04/2011 7:54 pm
IF they have the on-board tool/display they are pretty straight forward. The hydros usually do. The tractions that I have worked on did not and needed a SVT for any in depth work. On the roped hydros, the main relay board is problematic and performs a LOT of functions. Any failure requires the whole board to be changed. Same for the traction with the I/O boards.
14/04/2011 2:23 am
How old is the unit? Would a controller change out be out of the question? Perhaps you could recommend that it be done to protect yourself in the future.
Respectfully Submitted,
Robert L Krieger Jr.
19/04/2011 9:24 am
Not sure which models, but I do recall some of the Northern traction units having a "maintenance" reset feature similar to the Ascension counter with the difference being the Northern "resets" by plugging THEIR tool into it AND ISSUING THE PASSCODE specific for that unit, THEN your running normal again....AHRRRG!!
Good luck mate!
Good luck mate!
25/04/2011 11:22 am
I had some Northern 3200 traction controllers, that held up very well. In the year we had that job, there were a bunch of door issues, but 0 controller issues. But my experience was only for a year, so...