Elevator Forum

The worst controlle...
 
Notifications
Clear all

The worst controllers

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.3 K Views
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#11991]
Hey, the worst control on the market are?



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm not so sure if asking "what is the worst" will define your question.

So I would like to know why! I suggest we pick apart a manufacturers controller as to why it would make this thread.

Such as my experience has been the contractors on the Galaxies are undersized and fail prematurely.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Old Otis MRVF (Battery Operated)
Old Westinghouse World Class ( Westinghouse could not keep them running)



   
ReplyQuote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
To define and correct my question, what controllers have giving you or anyone the worst problems or situation in the elevator market? For me Armor .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevated)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any KCM product. Drives, Adon, door board, RIF board. Shall I go on?



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would agree with Rolly. World Trash...I mean Class was the worst. Funny once they retrofitted it with Allen-Bradley.Drives..ran OK....Never had a control problem! Can't remember the name of the Drive...Shook the Crap out of everthing in the building! Very BAD Stuff!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The old finder relays located on Thyssen TAC 20's....k7-12 would drop back contacts and give some really strange faults. Swap them blue dogs out for schrak relay and life is good.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
AS for current controllers, KONE KCM with COB Boards. Pull the Main line on a car in service working fine, restore power and "Bingo" bad COB board. Supposed to be fixed with a new version board but still hearing it happening with new version boards. Also Traction relation on the MX machines is horrible. Rope slippage will get much worse with time also. Accel & Decel rates have to be slowed to prevent slippage. Would not recommend this product for my Garage Door. lol!!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top