This is 3 stops. At first if I put a car call in for 3 from the 1st floor or a call for 1 from the 3rd floor, the car call would drop out during the run. The elevator would level into 2 and stop with the doors close. If I hit 2 the doors would open or I could put a call into 1 or 3 and the elevator would take off and complete a normal run. I also noticed the floor stops were off by about 3/4".
I put the car on inspection and got on the cartop. I ran fine on cartop inspection. I got off and put it back to normal. Then I started getting door problems. The doors kept cycling like it was not seeing the correct sequence of gate lock, door lock, and DCL making up. I put the car back on inspection. I used the manual door open and door close buttons and the gate switch, door lock, and door close limit appeared to be lined up correctly.
Eventually, I just relearned the doors, adjusted the floor stops, and did a jack resync. It ran without a single fault. I cycled the power just to see if maybe there was a memory issue. The changes I made held. I stopped by the job Monday when I was in the neighborhood hitting other maintenance stops. There was not a single fault logged from the weekend and it was running great.
Friday afternoon, we did have a bunch of thunderstorms hit the area. I asked around. Someone told me that if a TAC32 loses power during a run, these problems can happen.
I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced something similar to this on a TAC32?
This also has 2 stage telescoping jacks. I do have a couple other Dover jobs (DMC controllers) that have twin post telescoping jacks. I have heard that guys use Catepillar oil additive to help relieve stick-slip problems on noisy jacks. Does the catepillar oil help?
One or two months ago, a bearing in the idler arm on the door operator went bad. A new idler arm and door belts were put on. I did not do the replacement. Another mechanic did. I checked with him. He did move the DCL a little bit and did a door learn and saved it.
If i get an callbacks, I will check the CAN plug and double check all the the plugins in the COP.
Thank you for the feedback.