Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
05/04/2025 12:01 pm
Hey, just looking to see if anybody has any advice. I have a two car groupTac32. Neither Carr will communicate with my tools. I tried using three different IMS computers, including the one on site from the property and every single time. It won't load the database notes. I never get lightbulbs. It says it's communicating at 38,400 bits per second but you hit the reload button and it says Node Is off-line . I tried unplugging the cross communication between the cars to get it to work. I've checked all my power supplies and fuses. Even check the settings for my ports and no matter what car I plug into in that group it will not communicate and I get the same fault. Usually when you plug-in, you'll see it loading the group you'll see it loading the car one and car two Parameters. These cars never start loading. One of the cars right now has an issue with the selector. I think it's the board, but I would feel more comfortable before I say that we have to get a board for this car if I could see the actual encoder counting or what's going on with it on the UIT tool I'm getting an 1177 fault which says B 44 mismatch on the down car. The other car is running, but I can't communicate with it. Any help is appreciated.. . Put.
Have a good weekend,
Eric Alexander
Get Outlook for iOS
05/04/2025 7:23 pm
What version of IMS are you using?
What cable are you using to connect? (DB9/USB/Ethernet)
What color is the IMS icon you're selecting? (IMS 2.10 doesn't have colored icons.)
What cable are you using to connect? (DB9/USB/Ethernet)
What color is the IMS icon you're selecting? (IMS 2.10 doesn't have colored icons.)
05/04/2025 9:56 pm
Are you using the serial connection? Have you tried a different cable?
If older IMS, using Black Icon for 32 bit?
Try to build a new network by clicking on Net and adding a group and then click on group and add 2 cars.
You can also trying connecting to IMS on the CWIL board in the COP.
Check the voltage on the 3vdc battery also on the CPUA. Replace if under 3volts.
If older IMS, using Black Icon for 32 bit?
Try to build a new network by clicking on Net and adding a group and then click on group and add 2 cars.
You can also trying connecting to IMS on the CWIL board in the COP.
Check the voltage on the 3vdc battery also on the CPUA. Replace if under 3volts.
Topic starter
06/04/2025 6:36 am
I’m using a black icon and a DB9 pin connector. And yes, I tried different cables and different computer computers..
Last edited by Take the stairs; 04/05/25 10:36 PM.
Topic starter
06/04/2025 6:38 am
I’m gonna try connecting to the CWIL board on Monday. I’ve just never seen where there’s a two car group and you can’t communicate with either car.
06/04/2025 8:21 pm
add a 2nd or 3rd group and add cars on each group,
sometimes happen that your car and group is not G1C1 maybe is G3C1 or G2C1 (Group # C #)
sometimes happen that your car and group is not G1C1 maybe is G3C1 or G2C1 (Group # C #)
Last edited by NOTIME; 04/06/25 12:21 PM.
Topic starter
07/04/2025 8:58 am
Thanks 🙏