Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 50-04 681 fault

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
30.7 K Views
(@Light_seeker357)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9350]
Has anyone ever had a 681 fault on a Tac50-04 MRL? Problem is intermittent and all signs point to the absolute encoder.



   
Quote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Whats the fault description? It's been a while but I have adjusted several 50-04's when I used to work at TKE.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Light_seeker357)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Encoder response failure. Encoder failed to return a position reading upon request.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Light_seeker357)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Encoder response failure. Encoder failed to return a position reading upon request. Elevator runs fine for a couple of days then shuts down at the initial start of a run, never in flight. Checked encoder power supply, changed out encoder interface card, also checked MC1 & BRK1 contactors still no luck.

Last edited by Light_seeker357; 01/01/14 02:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How's your levelling accuracy, or more importantly repeatability? Double check how close the counts are.

Likely swapping the encoder will resolve the issue, but you might want to check for buildup on the gov and idler sheaves, and make sure the encoder is properly secured.

Last edited by traction; 01/01/14 03:52 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Which MRL machine? German or Torin? absolue encode is on the machime change it perform a ecnoder calibration boom goes the dynomite



   
ReplyQuote
(@Light_seeker357)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Leveling is usually pretty accurate & counts are close. Encoder seems secure but I'll check the governor for any build up. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Light_seeker357)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's a German machine. Seems that to perform an encoder alignment the ropes need to be clear of the sheave. Smh...



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Negative I dont remember the command but you dont hsve too. That encoder has goofy way it connecte to the shaft pay close attention when you change it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Light_seeker357)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks. Will do, glad there's no need to remove ropes from sheave.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've changed two of these before without pulling the ropes. On a car today at another job no luck kept getting encoder faults had to remove rope and run thru the set up like done from new contstruction. So now I'm not so sure sorry.



   
ReplyQuote
(@dsmithelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Doing this encoder alignment process now. Replaced encoder for 690 fault. Did not resolve issue. Swapped all boards. Brakes are picking. Frustrated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On my t4's when I got those encoder response failures its nothing to do with the encoder at all. The car was unable to make run due to something in the logic so the encoder timed out due to no movement. I've had aux contacts cause it, I cant remember the name of the relay but one of the contacts is after saf3 and between the S coil has caused it. this is on a t4/tac50 so it does not apply to the 04's but the point I'm making look in other places then the encoder for reasons why the car did attempt to move but the logic was not correct to allow a run.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also check the Power Supply to the Encoder for "ripple". Grounding and shielding could also cause those problems.



   
ReplyQuote
 mar
(@mar)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
tac 50-04 very affected by noise make sure grounding is perfect only on one end



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top