Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TAC 32 Door force

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,238 Views
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21331]
We have a TAC 32 that is taking the changes for the door torque and closing force, but the it is still not reducing enough to meet code?

Any suggestions?



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"Not reducing it enough". So you were getting some change, just not enough.
I hate to say "new board".too soon, but....
Is this a new job to you?
I have heard of instances were due to weird door issues the hand was reversed in the adjustments, and the motor wires swapped for polarity and those troubles went bye bye (not saying this is your fix, but) Worth a try.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did not want to say new board either..

It did make some changes but we still are not meeting code. We have had it a year, it was a year old when we got it off of warranty. It was fine last year at the annual test, when we took it on.

We will try the reversing procedure first. It is worth a shot.

Thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you talking about stahl force or Kinetic? If it's an HD you could use a bigger diameter sheave on the motor. Is the generic r23? I just found r24 software in a new board from the factory, it has a Config menu with all the preset profiles in it. Pretty cool but I haven't been able to get the software itself yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
HD door operator or Linear?



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It is a linear, the kinetic force is at 9. It was at 11 and this is the lowest we have been able to get it.

I am not sure of the software version.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So you can't get it to go slow enough to get below 7? The Kinetic is just a function of the speed and weight of the doors. If you are using one of those sticks, that's probably your problem. Time the doors and calculate the Kinetic from the weight of the doors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Exactly where I was going. Check calibration on your door tool. Check door times and unless you have poured lead into the doors you shouldn't be having that bad an issue. Super heavy doors must move slower or kinetic can get beastly. Baseline setting I use with little to no adjustment are:
Close force 8
First third 10
Second 13
Third 15

With generic startup settings for all the rest, you should be super close to 18-20/6-7.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The gauges we use, we change out every year. Two different gauges were used and were new. Have not used the time procedure in a while. We will give that a try.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top