Elevator Forum

Tac 20 door not ope...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20 door not opening

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
11.2 K Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#29985]
I have a Tac 20 that was shut down and my door linkage was loose. I tightened it up then the next day it shut down again. Now it answers calls and the door will not open.



   
Quote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
After main power reset it will open but motor sounds grindy. When manually trying to open and close from the door controller it works but the motor feels rough. Maybe my door motor is bad from the ooose linkage



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It is possible the door board is making it sound like that but definitely start with the motor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you checked the motor brushes?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks dirt. I ordered the motor to start. If it is the board is it a drop in replacement? I can do a door scan with just ims No lon cables? My IMS Version is probable old Is that a problem ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes checked motor brushes. Looks good



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is it the motor grinding or could it be a bad bearing on your idler sheave allowing the side of aluminum sheave to rub/grind. Did you get your linkage back where it is suppose to be with your dol and dcl coming in good. What faults are you getting in IMS? Maybe a bad bushing in your linkage. Might have to do a new door scan? Just some thoughts buddy. Keep us posted.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those are all good suggestions too. Assuming you do have it narrowed down to the motor making grinding sounds while running from the manual buttons, I think the motor is the right move. When I order a door motor I usually pick the part number that comes with the encoder. There’s a separate number for the bare motor, the motor with the big optical encoder for the PY and older boards and one for the motor with the small digital encoder for the PA boards. Which encoder will also answer your other question about replacing the board. Big encoder = order a PY3 board and you can just drop it in and do a scan from IMS. Small encoder = order a PA6 board and a 6300HL1 UIT if you don’t already have one. The PA boards need a preset profile loaded and the easiest way to do that is using the Config menu with the UIT. Then you can do a scan and adjust from IMS. Of course you can also do all that from the UIT too.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That UIT with the extension cable is the trick.....Lot better than hooking up IMS to the door operator or controller.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh ya the ribbon cable part number is 9863295. Makes it a little easier. And that’s 6300HL1 for the UIT.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have an encoder. Not sure if it’s the big one or small one. I think this is an older Tac 20. Very Early 2000s. Has pump motor under tank . I gave vertical express job number and picture of the door motor. They gave me confirm for part number 9841775. Optical sensor and door motor. 529$ each. I don’t have the UIT. I should get one anyway. There was a flood in the building 2 years ago and tyssen replaced all the boards in shaftway. I hope they didn’t upgrade and vertical express has no clue

Last edited by Jluff; 10/03/20 01:10 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m sure they didn’t but it wouldn’t hurt to have the UIT on hand for the future. It’s literally just a generic LCD screen with 4 buttons on a board. I doubt VE charges that much for them but who knows.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
$207 for uit--27 for cable and worth every penny. Get a hard case, put some foam in inside it and keep that in your truck.

So much easier than hooking up IMS



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It fits great in this little Otter Box

UIT Box



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That looks sweet. I like how you put the access for the ribbon cable.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top