Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,976 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36505]
Hi guys and gals. If I pull a Tac 20 03 cpu board to have memory chips replaced will I lose any Lon configuration ? They are not touching the Lon chips I currently have one shut down on a 1083 bad recall of non volition memory . It shows b44 on diagnostics screen. Which is Canadian door lock monitoring. I am in America not even in a door lock monitoring code zone. Otis left a floppy disk labeled job back up file. My repair shop hopefully can get the job file from the floppy as I have no computer to take floppy disk

Last edited by Jluff; 01/05/24 02:52 AM.


   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not sure on the board. I thought the point of the tac 20-03 was LON was removed?

You can get a standalone floppy disk reader with a USB cord end. I keep one in my laptop bag for reading those old floppy disks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya there’s no LON on a TAC20-03



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Like Dirt said, there is no LON on a TAC 20-03. But the 1083 error could be corrected with a fresh software upload so I would try that first. And even if your state doesn't require DLM yet, it could be and probably is activated. So check all your locks and limits to make sure they all are working properly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Vertical express said it was a Lon controller. And that they couldn’t sell it. It may not be a tac 20 03. There are relays above the board



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is it a 188e board? is so then it could have LON. But if the 188e has the large ribbon cable plugged into the left side of the 188e board then its a TAC22 which also has no LON. Either way a 1083 is not caused by LON components.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top