Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TAC 20 (2003)

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,699 Views
(@nvadorm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#19466]
I changed the packing on a tac 20 and left power off for 2 days b/c I had the wrong size and had to overnight the correct packing.

I finished the repack and turned power back on and the elevator:
1) will only run on inspect.
2) will level up or down to a floor but always about 2 inches low.
3) I swapped the selector with a known good
4) I swapped all the 24vdc & 110vac relays with the exception of the 12 at the bottom of the main controller board. (there are 12 and some of them control the valves)

I was told that the battery on the cpu may not have had enough power to hold the programming for 2 days, would this cause the problem I have? What else could it be?



   
Quote
(@nvadorm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
5) The elevator doors will sometimes open and then close slowly after the car levels down to the 1st landing when I take it off of inspect.

When I reset the door operator it usually does a learn run, but now it just opens and closes slowly once.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you using a service tool?
Did you create a job file?
When was the battery last changed?
What faults are shown on the tool?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does (2003) mean it was put in in 2003 or it's a TAC20-03?

You are really going to need IMS to get any further with this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvadorm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The 3v battery on the main control board wasn't making good contact. I spun it around to look at the model number and the elevator started working on automatic.

2003 was the installation year.

No service tool ☹️ ... Although I would like to get one.

Where is the best place to get a service tool?
Vertical Express?
Anywhere else?
Will they only work for a specific job or specific elevator?
Do you have to renew them annually?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top