Elevator Forum

Stack effect or Win...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Stack effect or Wind effect

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,631 Views
(@sinister1ca)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#16320]
Anyone have issue's in taller buildings, with stack effect, causing the hall doors not to make? During our colder months, some of my lobby hoistway doors have a hard time closing. I've added a extra spirator in some instances. But this is more of a building problem, then a elevator problem. What are some suggestions or advice I could pass onto the customers



   
Quote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Definitely used to get wind resistance issues on the ground floor do to excessive air/ air conditioning pressure. I know the emergency egress doors in motor rooms can cause this as well. I also used to add extra turns on spirators and extra weight on door closers. I don't think there is any easy way to fix this, but check your rollers and guides on landing and car doors as well.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have not used these yet but the SmarTork closers might be a good option: http://smartorkinc.com/



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top