Elevator Forum

SSC6010 Drive Upgra...
 
Notifications
Clear all

SSC6010 Drive Upgrade

38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
74.2 K Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
He will be back on the job Tuesday guess we all have to wait.

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Here's the latest,

No call backs for the past few days. Maybe has something to do with Sun spots?

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Must have taken the 2 chickens and swung em' around his head, while dancing naked around a camp fire, and howling at a full moon. Works every time!!!

LOL...



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Group,

According to my friend this job has settled down for now. Know you all been there. Screw with it enough and the problem either disappears or goes into hibernation.

We will see,

Get home on time every night if not make sure they know where you are. You guys work in a dangerous trade. After 40 years all I have to worry about is the radiation from my big screen TV.

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Jim, sounds like you guys fixed the problem, disturbed the problem while trying to fix it, or maybe Broke Sheave did the chicken dance while drinking members mark and forgot to tell us. :} I was thinking about this the other day, as we just got a new job with these drive units, the car has been going into the overhead for a few months according to the building. we have had it for about a month, and the mechanic has pulled it out of the overhead a few times. I went there last week and was checking out the car when i noticed a slight oscillation or pulsation as the car slowed down and transferred to leveling. you could feel it when you stood next to the machine. I checked a few things out, and finally decided to swap the tach with another car in the group. the vibration went away, but the car was running slow. I cranked up hi speed and got the speed up. and all was well. well i decided to run the other car with the suspected tach, and it ran right into the overhead on the first run. seems as though the other company just slowed the car down, probably trying to get it to stop going in the overhead. So after all this babble, it seems as a bad tach can also send you into the overhead.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I seem to remember replacing a lot of tachs on both 6010 as well as the Miprom 21 with analog AB drives. Check them all for ripple with a scope or even an old Simpson or Tripplett works like a champ on output. I use to stick a 5k resistor across the tach to clean these up a bit. Put a bit of a load on the thing and it works better. I just went through a similar scenario on an Epoch One job. Montgomery's also start messing up when the drive fans don't work. On the 6010 you have the infamous sail switch to shut you down but the later stuff didn't have that. Good find anyhow. The bad news is that you'll be stuck with that stuff awhile longer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I worked on a job in Tampa, that worked flawlessly for hours, and then would overspeed and crap out. Finally caught it with 2 meters. One on the output of the 7EA and the other one on the tach. Tach voltage just disappeared while dictation just kept humming.

Brushes looked good, no grounds, when spun with a drill motor Voltage was spot on.Coupling was good... Go figure...

I just know I changed the tach after my diagnosis and voila..No more problem.

Course we lost the job to a non-union company the next year due to low bid...



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Our 6010 has been running perfect since adjusting the Accell pots. They are using it every day and no problems for several weeks now. Thanks for all your help.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top