Elevator Forum

Eeco single stage, ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Eeco single stage, borehole jacks

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,013 Views
(@JD Humm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2222]
22 years ago I installed a 20,000# MEI hydro freight. Rise was over 40', jack was 4 sections. Trying to recall how the Eeco pistons mated, I am thinking there were 2 long threaded rods going through each section to mate it with the piston section below it. Cannot recall the jack diameter, it was rather large, thinking at least 14" in diameter. The top piston section has "seperated" from the section below it, maybe a 3/8" gap between the two sections. We are hoping it has these rods and that the rods have merely loosened up over the years. Anyone had a similar issue?



   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you call Abe Salehpour at EECO?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator_Steve)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would contact EECO...I'm sure they would help you out. Maybe there is a bulletin for the jack in question due to the problem you had with the unit in question.
http://www.eeco-elevatorcomponents.com/Jacks.html



   
ReplyQuote
(@JD Humm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The sections screwed together, no bolts running through them. We were able to screw the top section back down tight.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top