Elevator Forum

SSC6010 Drive Upgra...
 
Notifications
Clear all

SSC6010 Drive Upgrade

38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
74.2 K Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2228]
Happy New Year Group,

Any information out there re: Montgomery SSC6010 Allen Bradley drive replacement by KONE?

A Safe 2012,

Jim



   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Happy New Year!

Couldn't you stick another DC drive in there?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator_Steve)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The SSC6010 drives are Obsolete and there was a bulletin put out regarding this issue...No replacement or upgrade given and possible controller upgrade is necessary. Is the drive repairable? What is the problem with the drive?



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Steve,

I'm doing this for a friend. He has a MECO ssc6010 on service that's acting up. The deal is KONE replaced the Allen Bradley with something else. I've heard from other guys that they (KONE) offer a package upgrade for the original AB drive. What I need is a service or adjusting manual.

Thank for your reply,

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I guess anything is possible, but seems to me it would take a lot of engineering and work to integrate another drive to replace the 6010. Even though the drive is older, and has a lot of boards to make it run, it is pretty reliable. I have worked on these drives for many years, and although they are hard to fix when you have trouble, they are repairable. I don't see how it would be cost effective to replace the drive with something else, after all it is not a drive that is encapsulated in one box. You would be better off fixing the existing drive. if the car has been "acting up" it might not even be a drive problem, but something external like a relay etc. just so you know, access elevator board repair can fix these boards. pm me if you just want a adjusting manual. good luck

Last edited by Scott Davidson; 01/03/12 03:00 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Good Morning,

If you go to the Kone site you will see that they offer an Allen Bradley Analog to Digital DC Drive Conversion. So far I can't even find a name for this thing.

Work Safe,

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't believe that is a conversion for the 6010 drive, it is more likely the digital replacement for the analog drive found in the miprom 21 megatech equipment. allenbradley 1387 is an analog dc drive, and the 1395 is a digital dc drive both are similar in size and are both found in miprom 21/ megatech controllers. I could be wrong but ill stick by my original theory until someone posts otherwise. thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Scott,

Please check out the link...........

http://www.konespares.com/technical-resources/elevators.aspx

Also I know a guy in Michigan that has adjusted the conversion while working for Kone, he stated it costs around 30K and was a ripoff.

Thanks for your help with this,

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hey jim, if it is possible, 30k would sound about right, talk about a rip off, any way i have a friend at kone spares, i emailed him regarding this conversion. i went to the link and could not find anything there about a conversion. I'm sure he will mail me back and we can find out a good answer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Scott,

I just saw that they mentioned the analog to digital conversion so must be the real deal. I have a huge library of of elevator information. Please let me know if there is anything you need.

Regards,

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
About 26 years ago, I worked briefly on Miprom 21s and Allen Bradley 6010 drives. I can't claim to know much about them, but I did find an SCR that wouldn't turn on once, which made a huge vibration...

Anyway, What exactly is the downside to importing an industry standard DC drive? No S-curve being generated by the Miprom 21? There are some S-curve generators around. Kind of like MCEs' now-obsolete VVC-1 pattern generators. Feedback concerns? Stick a tach on the drive sheave. Run command from the Miprom goes to an analog pattern generator, then feeds the drive cabinet, along with the usual plethora of safety interlocks.

But of course, any modification must be UL listed, and we must avoid exposing ourselves to liability.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
HI jim, I talked to my friend at kone spares today regarding replacement of the 6010 drive. She says that that drive is obsolete, and there is no replacement for a conversion. Funny thing was that she said she had talked to someone the previous day about the same thing we are talking about. She said she did not get to finish the conversation with the person on the other line. she asked if maybe it was you or your friend, strange coincidence. I kind of thought it would be hard to integrate a new drive to replace the 6010, since half of the controller is comprised of at least a dozen or more boards that make up the drive part of the system. the logic and relay part of the controller is then wired to all the different boards to make up the rest of the system. it would be nice to put a new drive on this system, but the downside is probably the cost and reengineering it would take to do it safely. just my thoughts hey jim thanks for the offer of helping with prints in a pinch. i will contact you thanks again, scott ps. shout out to vic,



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds way complicated....



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
it certainly is, trying to trouble shoot that drive is a pain, since it is closed loop, it hard to tell what came first the chicken or the egg 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Good Morning Group,

Turns out drive has not been upgraded. Here's the problem my friend is having: Around once a week passengers board the car at the top landing, doors close, brake lifts and car drifts up into the final and there they they sit. He has done all the normal stuff:all new relays check HW limit switches and a general look see. Note here, the problem has never been reported at a intermediate landing. This dosn't mean that's it's not happening.

Any ideas out there Scott/Vic?

Work safe,

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top