Looks like they’re back in stock at Digi-Key
I'm assuming you have generic dmc software, but do you have a special socket rigged up to be able to program it or can you put it in the clc card then program it? Do you just use a car specific software that's close or get it from TK or try to save it on all your jobs before you loose it?
Very rarely you might encounter a chip that’s software # ends in SP for special. That’s job specific generic.
So got replacement software chips (DK15) from TKE and installed them in a World Electronics CLC board that is supposed to be the equivalent of a BP4 board.
My companies scrupleless sales folks try this with our customers. The sales folks don't even know what they're talking about. If customers ask me for a technical opinion on the matter, I tell them I will keep your elevator running for as long as we can get parts, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your elevator. And I can get all the parts. DMCs are honestly almost fun to work on. I'll take a dmc over a kone or schindler anyday. And yes, I'd agree on not paying good money to go from a dmc to a smartrise. Our latest mods our mod guys have been replacing bad SRU boards like changing underwear. It's horrible, 2 cars 3 sru boards have went bad in the last month or 2. I get more callbacks and bad boards and parts on smartrises on my route than dmcs, by a long shot.
I just fixed a 79 general the other day my office was trying to tell them it had to be modded. It runs fine now. One bad contact filed and fixed and off she goes. Id get a second opinion on if you need a mod no matter what elevator you have in your building.