Elevator Forum

Smoke Detector Syst...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Smoke Detector System

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,528 Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#836]
Hey Guys, does anyone have a good suggestion for a stand alone smoke detector system that will satisfy all the requirements of the Group 4 code (Battery Back-up, trouble alarm, smoke detector indication, etc....?

We have previously used an annunciator panel that indicates which smoke was activated and reset by a key switch. This method has passed on many mods until today when the inspector said this system will not fly.



   
Quote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have used the Silent Knight 5208. It has all the features you need. 2 wire detectors, battery back up, easily programmed names etc. It is available at CED for about $800. Detectors are about $40 each. I have made a "quick" programming guide if you would like. Can also do it on a laptop using serial/rs 232 cable.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I checked this system out online. Thanks for your help! It looks like it will work perfectly. I would be interested in the quick programming guide if it's not too much trouble. Is it something you can email?



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
absolutely. send me a note and i will email to you.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top