Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Old Otis Brake

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,940 Views
(@dandaman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#829]
I am working on an old otis SOB. The brake coil is supposed to be submerged in oil, but it't empty. Anyone know what oil to use? Thanks



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's ac brake coil oil I had to rebuild one last year forgot what it is exactly but I can find out tomorrow



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I havent actually seen one that has had oil in it..usually just drill some cooling holes for airflow and thats it!!!..and if they do leak guess where the oil goes..probably why so many are empty!!!... an an old joke...why are the initials SOB....(answer because they can be a Son of A BI##h to work on!!!)

Last edited by kiwinightstalker; 11/24/10 01:51 AM. Reason: cant spell


   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
mobile DTE 11 M iso 15 petroleum hydro oil just fill it about 3/4 full so it doesnt splash out. i took a call today on one i swapped out all the slate board relays with new like for like fugi's. the SOB runs better than new, except the damn Draka EQ box.



   
ReplyQuote
(@dandaman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the help!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top