Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
01/02/2019 7:58 am
I have 18 schindler 330a hydro at one facility (5 buildings)
About once a week random units are getting motor wiring faults on the siemens 72g soft start. Sometimes 1 unit will be down sometimes as many as 5.
Never have any faults in the controller just the motor wiring on soft start. Press up and down on soft start to reset and the unit will run fine.
I've checked everything per the siemens manual and have talked to siemens tech support.
Motor wiring checks ok
Fault contactor ok
SCR check ok
We believe it is a building power issue. The customer is reluctant to believe this.
I just wanted to throw it out here to see if anyone has had something similar.
Thank you
About once a week random units are getting motor wiring faults on the siemens 72g soft start. Sometimes 1 unit will be down sometimes as many as 5.
Never have any faults in the controller just the motor wiring on soft start. Press up and down on soft start to reset and the unit will run fine.
I've checked everything per the siemens manual and have talked to siemens tech support.
Motor wiring checks ok
Fault contactor ok
SCR check ok
We believe it is a building power issue. The customer is reluctant to believe this.
I just wanted to throw it out here to see if anyone has had something similar.
Thank you
01/02/2019 9:14 am
Has to be building power. You need to get a voltage monitor on it.
01/02/2019 11:29 pm
Are these new installs? Believe it or not, ive seen new mechanics use fucking wire nuts for motor lead connection in junction box. Lol! And ive seen them use those Polaris connectors leaving them untaped and/or loose. And have seen strands poking out the back of the black rubber cover of those Polaris connectors too. Its jot a solid metal socket.
02/02/2019 2:10 pm
I’ve seen the same thing on the GAL controller. We found a timer wasn’t set correctly on the manufacturers optional settings in the soft starter. I’d compare every adjustment to a controller you’re not having any problems on. I believe the code to get in is 1024.
Topic starter
02/02/2019 8:34 pm
Thanks for all the replies. The units are about 10 years old. I've had them on my route for a year and a half. The last couple months have been the first time with this issue.
I will check into the adjustment I assume the timer adjustment you speak of or past the reset fault password menu Beaupeep. I will be a bit upset if that fixes the issue and siemens tech support never suggested even looking.
Thanks again.
I will check into the adjustment I assume the timer adjustment you speak of or past the reset fault password menu Beaupeep. I will be a bit upset if that fixes the issue and siemens tech support never suggested even looking.
Thanks again.
02/02/2019 11:43 pm
Can't see 18 units having a common fault unless it's power related.
Don't suppose building does a weekly emergency generator test ?
Don't suppose building does a weekly emergency generator test ?
03/02/2019 12:13 am
On the newer CRIP boards there's a thermal overload that will fire an improper wiring fault on the starter.
06/02/2019 11:35 pm
Huh? Why a wiring fault? Interesting. That should also throw a fault up on smlcd too though. Gonna check that out on the next 330 i get to. Any updates heathron?
Topic starter
07/02/2019 8:38 am
Was there yesterday for same problem. Happen to pass the facility electrical engineer in hall way. Was able to compare my work orders records to his records of voltage dips/brown out of the building. Every time they occured matched up with every call I got. So it was correct that it was a power issue. My point of contact was being told there was no power issue. Building is looking into what they can do to solve their power issue.
On a side note today I started the 5th packing job on these inverted twin post units.
22/02/2019 12:05 am
good luck with the packing job. Those suck.
you might need to Buck boost transformer to help with the power issue.