Elevator Forum

Schindler Door Oper...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Schindler Door Operator.

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
17.7 K Views
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5304]
I have 2 Schindler 330a controllers on my route with a door operator I haven't seen anywhere. It has a small "box" where the door motor is usually mounted, big heat sink on the side facing the cartop. On top of the box there are several buttons, "mode, plus, minus, open, close, and several led's for door open, door close, etc. There is no model number or any identification on this operator. Took the covers off and the motor/encoder appear to be connected inside the case. Have not had problems with them yet. Does anyone know how to access parameters, learn cycle, or any other functions this unit may have. Sooner or later, I'm going to have problems, trying to jump start the learning curve in advance! Thanks to all. I don't know how "newbie" got put by my name, but I can assure you I'm not a newbie....been in the trade for 15 yrs. and going strong!

Last edited by Elevatorfella; 12/11/12 10:27 PM.


   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe it's an IDD and there's an infared tool to program/communicate with it. I've been lucky with the only call I ever had on one, a power off and back on got me going.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have several of these units on maintenance...have not encountered any problems..need to keep the guides well lubed..or your pulse counts going to your encoder will be off and cause door faults..operator does a learn run everytime power is interrupted.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i think they are called the varidor drives. unless you have the tool its pointless giving fault codes. they were an absolute pain in the backside to use tho as communication chopped and changed all the time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bird Dog)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Its called a QKS16-IDD operator. I have found that you can relearn them back to default settings if they have not been lost with the mode and open-close buttons. But outside of that you need the SSM tool to see or change parameters.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks to all of you, this seems to be one of the few things that are not a problem with Schindler products. I appreciate the input!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Is the SSM tool available for purchase? Any idea on cost? Is it worth it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@bayblue)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was working on one of these the other day, make sure to always keep the little black ramp lubricated. I cleared the faults on the controller but my doors were still dead, after I turned the door power toggle switch off and then back to on it cleared up my issues. That's assuming the default parameters are still present.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top