Elevator Forum

Schindler 330A -- E...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Schindler 330A -- Error 94

26 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
84.5 K Views
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#15052]
Need Assistance with a Schindler 330A Error 94. Had several issues before this code before my CRIPHNA board would even power up. This is what I have do so for in order of events/issues.

1. Verified 3phase voltage @ 208v (correct)
2. Replaced several 2.0 amp 500v control fuses to the "TS1" control transformer.
3. Disconnected 24v power to the "CRIPHNA" and the "SS" Soft start.
4. Disconnecting 24v power from the load side of the power supply stopped tripping my control fuses and allowed me to verify proper output control voltage at 24v.
5. Plugged in "soft start" control wires and did NOT blow fuses.
6. Plugged in "CRIPHNA" and it BLEW my 2.0 amp 500v fuses.
7. Disconnected Several "X" connectors from the "CRIPHNA" and plugged in my "X-12" main power line and Did NOT Blow fuses (AWESOME) getting somewhere board powered up.
8. Found right hand side 3.15 amp glass fuse BAD for the "DOORS" (SO FIGURED IT WAS A DOOR ISSUE)
9. Plugged in all the "X" connectors back into the "CRIPHNA" except the "X-5" connector (did NOT Blow fuses) (AWESOME)
10. Checked voltage to the qty. 2 glass door fuses and had proper voltage. (AWESOME)
11. Plugged in the "X-5" connector and it blew the 2 Glass "SI1/SI2" 3.15 amp fuses and 1 of the 2.0 amp 500v fuses.
12. Did a test for shorts with the "X-5" connector at the "CRIPHNA" disconnected and the "X-1" connector at the "DOOR MOTOR" OR "IDD32" motor drive on top of car. (NO SHORTS)(AWESOME NOT REALLY...LOOKING LIKE A MOTOR/DRIVE NEEDED REPLACED)
13. Removed conductor 15 and 16 from the "X-5" connector at the "CRIPHNA" which is the power to the "DOOR MOTOR" OR "IDD32" motor drive AND plugged everything in EXCEPT the input power to the "DOOR MOTOR" (all fuses worked and I have green LED�s for the doors)
14. So I replaced the "DOOR MOTOR" and plugged in wires 15/16 back into "X-5" then reinstalled the connector back onto the "CRIPHNA" board (AWESOME...IT WORKS!!!)(But expensive)
15. BTW I have also reset the "GCI0360" CPU thinking that it may be holding a condition to fault. (Did not help...still error 94)

NOW after getting this far along in the troubleshooting process the system reboots and I get an "ERROR CODE 94".

CAN SOMEONE ASSIST ME IN FINDING THE ISSUE AT HAND NOW???

I have read the forums about the resistor #176 in the lower left hand corner of the "CRIPHNA" board being discolored. My resistor IS discolored, but I have the Green LED on for the Doors. NOT sure if that means anything or not?

Called an elevator repair Board Company and they said it would cost $650 to repair it plus parts. This resistor is probably very cheap and this is why "others" have asked for its spec./value. BTW: a new board is approx. $800.00.

I do not want to just keep throwing parts at this elevator. It was new in 2009, but I realize things do not last forever. Just need extra assistance to justify spending more money on an already costly fix to this point.

I'm just trying to SATISFY my customer and get the elevator operational again.

AGAIN...ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED 🙂

Attachments
Resistor 176 2.jpg (1.49 MB, 142 downloads)
Door Fuses "SI1/SI2" and Resistor 176
CRIPHNA 2.jpg (1.82 MB, 129 downloads)
CRIPHNA
Soft Start Cabinet.jpg (1.62 MB, 68 downloads)
Soft Start Cabinet
Door Motor.jpg (1.26 MB, 70 downloads)
Door Motor Connector Bay located on top of CAR
Door Motor 2.jpg (1.1 MB, 59 downloads)
Door Motor Located on top CAR
Control Fuses.jpg (1.29 MB, 69 downloads)
Control Fuses 2.0amp 500v



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What's the extra info code attached to error code 94?
Which door operator is it?

Last edited by jkh; 09/17/15 12:33 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Door contact fault. Check cgc and hall locks. Watch cdoor, cdoor 20, sdoor and sdoor20 relays. When doors are closed they should be energized. We've sent these boards out to have these relays socketed



   
ReplyQuote
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
JKH:
How do I get to the extra info code attached to error code 94? And where do I look to identify which operator I actually have?

Beaupeep:
When I get back to the job site I'll check the door relays to see if they are energized or not and get back to you.

Did you guys see the burnt Resistor Picture? Resistor "R176"? Will I get the Error 94 with this resistor bad? Looks to be in the Door circuitry somewhere.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you using an HHT or the OBST?

Last edited by jkh; 09/17/15 03:46 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No... I do not have any of the tools/software�s programs to assist in troubleshooting. I know it would be much easier having the right tools.

I just have the piggy back LCD board on the "CRIPHNA" with the following:

ESC button on the left, then the UP arrow, then the Down arrow, then the OK button on the right.



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you know how to login? Once looged in go to error codes and hit ok. It will come up with the last fault code, if you hit ok again it will show date and time, hitting ok again will show you extra info. ABCD is login code



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe Sam Sung is on to something.

Last edited by solidstate; 09/17/15 09:42 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
NEW: Perm Drive
94 DoorContact

NEW: Date/Time
150916 11:28:00

NEW: Extra Info
0x000003E8



   
ReplyQuote
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Made it back to the job site today...

beaupeep:
To answer your questions about the door relays being energized...all 4 of them are energized with the doors closed. I did open one door and the door relay de energized.

Also LOGGED in today to find the last Fault codes and to get the extra info...see previous post for my findings.

To elaborate a little more...I did replace the door/drive/motor...but Adams elevator ask for the "GO # and the car#. Which I gave them that information to get the motor back with the proper programming.

After logging in...I looked at the software versions
"GC Software" V03.63 090331
"Drive Software" V00.00 000000
Is this Okay? This Causing the ERROR 94?

Hopefully the Extra Info beaupeep asked for will help pinpoint the ERROR Code.

Thanks Again For all the Help...I feel like I'm getting somewhere now.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
These are the other fault codes I have when selecting "SHOW ALL" in the menu of the "CRIPHNA" board.

01: Error LON
1207 NiInitFail

01: Date/Time
150916 11:27:44

01: Extra Info
0x20000006

02: Error Lift
403 PowerUP

02: Date/Time
150916 11:27:44

02: Extra Info
0x00000002



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do a hard reset. First flip the inspection switch to inspect on the main board. Then on the board on the right side that your looking at the edge has a white button pointing out. Press and release, keep your finger close. Then you will see a red LED below that button begin to flash a second or so later. When you see that you press and release the white button again. After the controller comes back up (usually a minute or so) flip the inspection switch back to Auto. Check your version software. Schindler had a problem with this on later versions (I think it's GC Software 4.0 or later). I have helped this with older versions. But after you reset it could happen again.
P.S. If that doesn't reset it you might have to drain the capacitor.

Last edited by Rodney; 09/18/15 01:39 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have done a reset but without putting it in inspection first. I will try that today and get back to you Rodney.

JHK you asked about what door operator I have. It is the "IDD-P" operator with 230v supply voltage.

Yesterday after logging in I checked status of the following with ALL doors closed and NO Calls. (NO Call Lights Available) Because I also have a "FATL" AT THE "CRIPHNA" board LCD... Description = "FATAL OPERATION OF THE ELEVATOR SYSTEM"

Status: as of 9-17-15 all doors closed

CDR_KNKT "CDOOR-CONTACT" = ACTIVE
CDR_KNKT20 "CDOOR-CONTACT REAR" = ACTIVE

SDR-KNKT "SDOOR-CONTACT" = ACTIVE
SDR-KNKT20 "SDOOR-CONTACT REAR" = ACTIVE

EXTRA information I found during troubleshooting, may not mean anything but had some building employees with FIRE KEYS...SO Also Found the following:
JDO "DOOR POWER SWITCH" = INACTIVE
JNFF-OFF "SWITCH FIREFIGHTING OFF" = ACTIVE
JNFF_HOLD "SWITCH FIREFIGHTING HOLD" = INACTIVE
KDRIP "DRIP CAN SWITCH" = ACTIVE
KET-0 "OPEN LIMIT" = INACTIVE
KET-S "CLOSE LIMIT" = INACTIVE



   
ReplyQuote
(@xxXBlazeXxx)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you reset it like I explained? The way I explained is a double reboot and that's is how you reset most FATL errors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JkofAllTrds)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
RODNEY IT WORKED!!!! I was only doing the reboot in "NORMAL" putting it in "INSPECTION" has everything going again.

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!

After the HARD/DOUBLE REBOOT it must reset to default settings???

Because NOW I need to figure out how to make the door open and close FASTER. The door is very slow now. Anyone have any input on an "IDD-P" door operator where I can speed up the open/close function???

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE ASSISTANCE

JkofAllTrds



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top