Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Schindler 330a

26 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
31 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On the 400A it was starting from scratch. Drive parameters, learn trip, etc. They were able to get me the software from the GO#. They also wanted the version of software but mine had no sticker. I should say I’m not really a Schindler guy but the theory I was going on was if the CPU and software are good, it should boot. Most ontrollers work like that with a few exceptions, seemed to be true of the 400A and I believe they use the same GCIO360 CPU. I would try draining the super cap and attempting a double reboot. In fact, it’s probably worth trying a new CPU before going down the software route. It was a 7-10 day lead time after going back and forth with them for a couple of days and I think it cost a fortune.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What is the difference between the cpu and the software ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
All this worked fine before I took the crip mother board off for repairs to relay



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The CPU is the board that contains the microprocessor but it will typically handle more functions than just that. The software is stored on removable chips, EEPROM or FLASH memory. This is the program that the processor runs to boot up, tell the LCD what do display and perform all functions. Basically, without the software, it doesn’t even know it’s an elevator.
Hopefully this is not the case, make sure all the chips are seated and the card is fully inserted. All these chips are highly susceptible to static discharge if applied to the wrong pins. It’s always a good idea to wear a wrist strap or, at least, touch ground before touching any boards.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Which board do I replace for cpu ? The crip mother board or the vertical board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The vertical board



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
My crip board has all its lights on and looks ok. So order a new vertical board and take the software chips out of old board and put them in new vertical board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I only took the vertical board with me. . I only worked on the crip board replacing the relay. I can’t imagine what happened to the cpu vertical board. What a mess



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Gotta be a power issue. Maybe a misplaced plug shorted something. No power to gcio. Figure out why



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tech9)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have one light on the vertical board lit. The error light. No cpu light



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevateyou)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a 330a and I have a perm drive position lost fault does anyone have idea why this coming up?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top