Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Savaria V-1504

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,145 Views
(@L1FT5.4ND.M0R3)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40670]
I have been working on this lift. Someone other company installed, looks like it’s a company that does stair lifts mainly, from what I saw on ther site.

It’s a 2 stop, constant pressure lift.

When at the bottom and trying to go up the motor hums, if I let off and press again it travels fine.

Almost as if I have a pressure issue. I suspected this and inspected the hydraulic reservoir inside the panel, nothing crazy. I inspected the hose, zero issues. No leaks. Nothing.

I also purge the jack, didn’t really need it.

Savaria points me to the reservoir, I don’t want to charge the customer for ordering this reservoir if I don’t have to.

Has anyone else had this issue?



   
Quote
(@L1FT5.4ND.M0R3)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Any help appreciated, job is about 2 hours out of Peoria (around Chicago). I’m stumped.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Bad up contactor contacts?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have had several V1504s where the tanks were never cleaned and plastic got into the valve, and savaria doesn’t stand behind it. So now we drop every reservoir and clean it out. Savaria’s a great lift but there quality control is lacking. If this is a 24vdc motor set up, also check both contractor's are picking, also try removing amd reseating all relays.



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check the up solenoid, i’ve had the same issue in the past, i tapped it with a screwdriver and lift would move



   
ReplyQuote
(@L1FT5.4ND.M0R3)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ashley this was it! Not a lot but enough debris to cause issues in this small reservoir. They told me “must have happen during installation”. lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's the thing about Savaria, there never heard of a problem before, and its never their fault. But once it's running it runs. Well except the commander door operator, they go thru springs and boards like nothing else.



   
ReplyQuote
(@L1FT5.4ND.M0R3)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just had another, same thing.

Thanks again Ashley!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top