Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Savaria lu/la

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,775 Views
(@Sqwiggy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39474]
New here but been working on elevators for about 7 years and ironically own a lu/la lift at my house I bought a few years back. Originally when I bought the house it didnt work the door lock pull out saftey was broken repaired that and got it going again had it working for awhile. Used primarly for getting heavy items and grocerys as Im on pilings about 10 ft up off the ground but about this time last year it stopped working. I figured maybe the pan switch activated and caused it to stop working. I typically lower it using the manual lowering to lower it which may have caused my problem. Its chained hydro 2:1 right now the platform rests about 4 ft up because I lifted it using a hylift but somehow stuck on safeties I just started messing with it by raising the boom to disengegage safties and lower the platform but seems once tension is on the chains I can disengage the slack rope switchs but dont have any up to repick the platform so I can access the controller just to see it and troubleshoot. Im thinking maybe since its outside and in a saltwater enviroment theres more to the arm on that saftey that its not disengaging to let me lower the unit (maybe just rusted). Not familar with savaria or lulas for the matter but trying to get a better understanding to get this thing down and peek into the controller at least without raising the platform all the way up. Anything helps Id love a wiring diagram. If anybody has access to some material or diagrams or even input Id appreciate it



   
Quote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You don't have a LULA you , you either have a vertical platform lift or a telecab or possible (but unlikely ) and eclipse. Ive never seem a safety pan on an eclipe. If a v1504 or telecab, putting presure on the cylinder will get your chains taunt amd the safties reset. Do you have a relay co troller or a printed citcuit board controller?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Sqwiggy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It is a vertical platform v1504 my mistake. I have a runbug for my companies product tke and I ended up buying prints for them I dont mind sharing btw but seems i have no pressure at all from the pump no idea if thats because manual lowering and being at the bottom for so long or what Ill post some pics



   
ReplyQuote
(@Sqwiggy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It is a vertical platform v1504 my mistake. I have a runbug for my companies product tke and I ended up buying prints for them I dont mind sharing btw but seems i have no pressure at all from the pump no idea if thats because manual lowering and being at the bottom for so long or what Ill post some pics



   
ReplyQuote
(@Sqwiggy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have pcb controller too



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Savaria tech support 800-265-5416. They make a construction temp run cord that plugs into the main controller board that jumps everything. I've had bad direction limits and bad hall key switches on these units.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I can't believe your company charged you for prints, they are on the manufacturer's web site and available for free to distributors. Yout TK run button wont work, but you can make one easy enough. IT's just a standard 5 pin din input, lower right corner of your board. Pin 1 is term 24V , Pin 2 is term 35 , Pin 3 is your Fast Speed, Pin 4 is down and Pin 5 is Up, So pin 1 to pin 5 will give you up slow , pin 1, 3 and 5 will give you up fast. Pins 1 and 4 will give you down slow and pins 1, 3 and 4 will give you down fast. You can use pin 1 and 2 to power a wireless remote, that way you don;t need to deal with the cord. Once yo add pressure to the system, the safeties should be disengaged and the slack cable switches will reset.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
But you could certainly make an adapter plug to adapt the TK run bug to the Savaria. I have a bag full of female 7 pin plugs so when I need to wire a run bug into something the plug is there for next time



   
ReplyQuote
(@Amicrazy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you still need help?



   
ReplyQuote
(@unspankable)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I accidentally ran one of these things down onto a piece of sheet metal in the pit and either tripped the pressure switch or slack chain or both. Won't run up or down.
Thing is stuck at bf now. I have to remove the COP wall to get access to the controller... Is that doable with the platform in the pit basically without access to the underside of the sling? Don't have prints either.
What a pita.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Savaria tech support 800-265-5416



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unspankable:
It depends on who installed it. If it was a young mechanic following the instructions, you will need to lift the pltform to get the nuts off the bottom of the wall. If the mechanic who installed it also troubleshoots them, odds are he skipped the nuts and you can just take the ones off the top of the side panel. That being said, if you are down that low, the controller is above the first joint of the cover panels (assuming its a v1504). No need ti remove platform panels.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top