Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Regen Drives

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,370 Views
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4893]
I am looking for opinions or someone with more facts than I have on the regen drives. I have been told that the green savings comes from the fact that you are not creating heat thru a resistor grid thus saving on AC costs. I am wondering what part of the country was used for their calculations? Northern cities may be greener using resistor grids to help heat the machine room for 8 mo a year verses cooling for 4 mo.And what about the costs of maintaining another drive versus the odds of resistor grid failure? If a resistor goes obsoliet no big deal not so with a drive. Well what do you think??????



   
Quote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Kone's v3f25 mlb regen drive works well. A local hospital out here has them on two separate banks of three cars while the other bank had standard v3f25's. They claim significant energy savings and asked if we could change the last bank to the same. Until they saw the prices! I'll ask if they could give me a percentage of savings compared to the others. All the saved power gets input back to a.c. line, hence the regen. Not wasted as heat.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wasn't too convinced when we started getting the new OVF-R drives at "O". As far as energy savings I cannot attest to. When it comes to heat from the resistors its a huge difference. I use to hate those large fart fans we used on the GEN2's and the 311's. The components are so much smaller and lighter. The 120 amp drive is pretty light. We have not had many that have gone belly up-they seem to be pretty well built. In Texas any extra heat is not welcomed of course 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top