Elevator Forum

Rectifier heating u...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Rectifier heating up??

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,404 Views
(@GioNYC)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#5636]
Otis machine I put the line in and I hear break picking up or trying to pick up but I notice rectifier heating up prett fast and smelled like burn?? Any info thx



   
Quote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not much info there,bud.
Otis relay logic?
Check contacts are making,especially H relay?
Voltage is about 120 vdc?
Check for anything shortening out in the loop circuit?

Lots of variables there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EDMAn)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does it smell like rotten eggs/sulphur?



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Had a electrician stick a fish tape into the back of a b base controller and melt the large rectifier in the back. I ordered a replacement and it wasnt that expensive. So if it the rectifer itself swapping it out isnt that bad.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top